Web Community Manager (Websites)

My suggestion is...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Frequently Asked Questions feature

I think there should be an App that provides more functionality for Frequently Asked Questions. This is a very common feature on websites and Blackboard does not have a great solution. They have "work-arounds." But, it seems this is one of the common features of websites - questions and answers. I'd recommend drop-down boxes. Or, the ability to click on the question and have the answer revealed below. The answer could then disappear again with another click on the question.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. blog summary app

It would be nice to have an app that takes an existing blog and and creates an app that shows just a couple of lines of the article, with a link to the full blog entry. Kind of how there is an app that shows a couple of days of the overall calendar app. This would be handy to use as part of a landing page for a section. Basically create a headline like app that uses a Blog entry as the body so you can maintain a single page with all of the full blog entries.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Content Editor Add schools primary, secondary and accent colors to color options

It would be really useful it sites could specify up to three colors that will show up under the content editors text colors. Basically you currently only allow a select few colors, but there is no guarantee that these colors are going to be colors the school is using.

This would allow teachers and other staff members to use the school's colors when styling their content.

Yes I know you can use the template styles area but that isn't as intuitive as the color picker.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Section Editor Security - Restrict the apps a User or Group can work with in Site Manager.

Section Editor Security - Allow Site Directors to restrict the apps a User or Group can work with in Site Manager when setting them up as Section Editors.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Staff directory app pagination - Option to place buttons at top of page

I'd like to be able to click the pagination navigation buttons at the top AND bottom of the page, instead of just the bottom. When I want to edit people with last name of S, I don't want to have to scroll to the bottom of page 1 only to click on the number of the page I actually do want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The ability to push information to specific apps on specific sites

It would be great if you could have an app that would give you the ability to force something to specific apps in subsite, or be able to choose which sites would get the info.

Example

All of our school site have a multimedia rotator on them, currently to add something to that we have to touch each individual subsite (approx. 230 subsites) If we had a a central app where we could upload a photo and information and then push it out to all those sites or a selection of them it would be awesome. This could also work…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Increase size of editor window for Embed Code and simliar (New Page Editor)

In the new Page Editor (as of 2.18), when you edit apps like the Embed Code, you get a window over only the add apps portion of the screen.
    On smaller screens, this can insufferably tiny and frustrating to edit! Could we make that so that could open like the Content app editor, or at least be resizable?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When deleting a record from the staff directory app, delete any associate photo as well

When a record is deleted from the staff directory (retirement, resignation etc.), if an image was added to that record, delete the image from the files and folders. Currently you not only have to delete the records but also have to go to files and folders to find and delete the image. At a minimum it should ask you when deleting the record if you would like to delete the photo also. This would also be nice for the Headlines and Features App as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Separate Headlines and Features Apps to Post to each other.

We have 20 school websites that each have their own News (Headlines and Features App) on their homepage. Each school is responsible for their own app. At the district level we also have a news section that we would like to be able to push out news to the other schools news sections. We had this setup as one shared app across all schools, but this does not allow the schools to post their own news, it all falls on the district to post ALL school news. My idea is to have a (master) headlines and features that can push…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to modify input fields in Staff Directory App

We would like the ability to modify the text that currently says "View Website" when we input a URL. For example, we might prefer this to say, "View Bio."

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Document Viewer/File Library Combination

I would please be grateful if you could please combine the Document Viewer and File Library apps into a single app. The file library on the right side. When you click title, the document loads in the viewer window.

Appreciatively,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create additional app layouts

Create additional options for page layouts or allow users to create custom page layout options.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Content Editor App needs way to insert code for Minibases and Suverys

Content Editor App needs way to insert code for Minibases and Suverys like there was in Flex editor.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to reorganize entries in Staff Directory App with drag-and-drop capabilities

We would like the ability to reorganize entries with drag and drop functionality. This way, Department leaders/section heads can be listed first.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Update calendar look for Smart Phone

Make a way that I can change the preferences for our site, so that when parents look at the school calendar on the Smart phone, they don't automatically see all the data I put in about the event. The current way makes viewing the calendar kind of cumbersome at this point.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make the "Start Over" button on Staff Directory take visitor back to original webpage, not just Staff Directory app page

When a person clicks the "start over" button on a staff directory, they aren't returned to the original webpage where the staff directory app is located. They are taken to a new "page" with only the directory app. It can be confusing if there is a content app on top of the staff directory app on the original webpage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Alt Text for Site Shortcut image links

In the Site Shortcut app, users can create link with images and rollover images, however there is no ability to add alt text for either. I like the function of creating rollover image links, however if there is no way to include alt text, I will refrain from using that feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Staff directory to include a separate fields for a "Bio" and for "Degrees and Certifications" (similar to the Teacher App) : )

I'd like the staff directory to include a separate fields for a "Bio" and for "Degrees and Certifications" (similar to the Teacher App). Some schools are getting creative on their own by using the "departments" field to do a short bio with education. I will attempt that also but would love a real option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base