Web Community Manager (Websites)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a combination of Minibase + Staff Directory apps

My district switched from Minibase to Staff Directory because the HTML/CSS/etc code used by the Staff Directory app displays the staff directory information in a much nicer manner, particularly for mobile devices. It is a nightmare to find and update the staff directories because it is broken down by department/office, meaning I have to modify SEVENTEEN pages. It took 2 hours to do what I could do in Minibase in about 10 minutes. I would like to propose a combination of the 2 apps. Combine Minibase's flexibility (although the default search method needs to be updated to "contains" instead of…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Deactivate apps

It would be great if we could deactivate apps without removing them entirely from their page. Remember that an app was already created and having to go find it in the App Manager for that section/workspace is cumbersome and not intuitive.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Staff directory should have option of displaying last name, first name

New staff automatically come in as first name last name. Would like to be able to set it so it can be displayed as last name, first name

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Content Accordion App

Please add the option to display a line between items in the Content Accordion App. If you have a lot of items, they tend to start running together, and a line separating them would be much clearer to the reader.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add security to email addresses beyond the obfuscate

Add captcha to the email submission hyperlinks to thwart phishing attempts. Also, display the email address as an image to prevent screen scraping or just show the envelope instead of the email address.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Microsoft OneDrive Folder app

Many schools support multiple cloud services i.e. Microsoft O365 and Google GSuite. It would be nice if Schoolwires would develop a OneDrive app as they did for Google. In this day and age you should be developing features for both cloud services.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to modify input fields in Staff Directory App

We would like the ability to modify the text that currently says "View Website" when we input a URL. For example, we might prefer this to say, "View Bio."

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. More table app options

I just used the table app for the first time, and it's pretty cool. However, I found some limitations that I really wasn't expecting. There doesn't seem to be any way to merge cells, customize borders, adjust size, change cell or text color, and so on. It'd be cool to be able to do all that.

And I reckon that a lot of those options might not be available because of the app's Set Table Options doing all the heavy lifting to keep things responsive, but maybe you could add some more customization in there.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add the ability to have a thumbnail image as part of the Link Library and File Library

You really need to add the ability to add a thumbnail or accent image to the Link Librbayr and File Library apps. Especially as we are moving to adaptive content and the flex editor is not adaptive.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add find and replace option when working in code view on a page

Content App

It would be hugely helpful to have a find and replace function that could be used in code/html window. I have a page with maybe a hundred archived links that are full urls, and I need to change them all, but just the domain part. I end up copying all the code into dreamweaver, doing what I need then pasting it back into the code window.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. show app name on page

PLEASE -- if we enter an APP NAME in the field, add a check box to show the app name on the page as well. Otherwise, I have to keep going into App Options to check this box. PLEASE ADD an toggle box to show app name on page or not. This would greatly help in the speed of creating pages!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Customize App Default Settings

It would be nice to be able to customize and set our own app default settings. The defaults WCM has chosen aren't always appropriate for me, so I spend lots of time constantly picking "Show App name on my page," or unchecking "display bullet". If we could set those defaults ourselves, that would help tremendously -- a huge time saver and keep all site pages looking the same.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hyperlink to the App Showroom when editing a webpage

It would be helpful to have a "Learn about Apps" hyperlink near the bottom of the "Create New... Apps" section in an Edit window.

The hyperlink would open a new web browser tab taking the user to Blackboard's App Showroom at https://cerc.blackboard.com/appshowroom

This would allow for a one-click opportunity to learn more about an App you may want to use when editing a webpage before actually inserting the App into a page (see what it will look like, view the fields it has to offer, look though its PDF Guide for details, etc.)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow simple Slideshow display throughout the template

Only on the homepage can you show a slideshow without the ribbon of thumbnails below. Can you allow an option to display slideshows throughout the site to simply rotate through slideshow images (without the black background and thumbnails beneath)? That way, we could rotate images on admission pages, or to display text-only messages...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix the "clear formatting" option

In the content app, if I have text that was either pasted from Microsoft Word or that migrated from an old site (in our case, SchoolWorld), it comes with formatting that is not accessibility-compliant. I am trying to use the Clear Formatting option and it does nothing. The HTML code remains the same before and after I click the toolbar icon. We really could use this feature to work properly!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Increase size of editor window for Embed Code and simliar (New Page Editor)

In the new Page Editor (as of 2.18), when you edit apps like the Embed Code, you get a window over only the add apps portion of the screen.
    On smaller screens, this can insufferably tiny and frustrating to edit! Could we make that so that could open like the Content app editor, or at least be resizable?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change text on Document Viewer "If you are having trouble viewing the document, click here to download it." and allow for other languages.

Change text appearing at the bottom of the Document Viewer "If you are having trouble viewing the document, click here to download it." and allow for other languages. We have trained content curators never to use "click here" and would like to be able to change that. We have many non-english speaking visitors.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to reorganize entries in Staff Directory App with drag-and-drop capabilities

We would like the ability to reorganize entries with drag and drop functionality. This way, Department leaders/section heads can be listed first.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. More options to sort Article Library

It would be nice to be able to automatically sort articles by date. Currently we can sort alphabetically or drag & drop (If the list is long the drag & drop can be tedious.)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base