Web Community Manager (Websites)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add search fields to the Staff Directory app.

Add the grade or department field.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow to print html into pdf

Much of the data displayed on the website is useful to people as a pdf. For example a directory, school supply list etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add code to print the lunch menu app

We are using the lunch menu app so that our mobile phone users can view the menu without having to download a PDF. However, we also have users that would like to print the whole month. Is it possible to add code to the lunch menu app that would allow for printing on letter-size paper.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Front end viewing

It would be nice to have an examples page so you can view what an app looks like on the front end. Descriptions and how-to are not helpful when you don't know what the end results look like and what kind of variables you would like to incorporate.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. blog summary app

It would be nice to have an app that takes an existing blog and and creates an app that shows just a couple of lines of the article, with a link to the full blog entry. Kind of how there is an app that shows a couple of days of the overall calendar app. This would be handy to use as part of a landing page for a section. Basically create a headline like app that uses a Blog entry as the body so you can maintain a single page with all of the full blog entries.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Document Viewer/File Library Combination

I would please be grateful if you could please combine the Document Viewer and File Library apps into a single app. The file library on the right side. When you click title, the document loads in the viewer window.

Appreciatively,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When deleting a record from the staff directory app, delete any associate photo as well

When a record is deleted from the staff directory (retirement, resignation etc.), if an image was added to that record, delete the image from the files and folders. Currently you not only have to delete the records but also have to go to files and folders to find and delete the image. At a minimum it should ask you when deleting the record if you would like to delete the photo also. This would also be nice for the Headlines and Features App as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Alt Text for Site Shortcut image links

In the Site Shortcut app, users can create link with images and rollover images, however there is no ability to add alt text for either. I like the function of creating rollover image links, however if there is no way to include alt text, I will refrain from using that feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Staff directory to include a separate fields for a "Bio" and for "Degrees and Certifications" (similar to the Teacher App) : )

I'd like the staff directory to include a separate fields for a "Bio" and for "Degrees and Certifications" (similar to the Teacher App). Some schools are getting creative on their own by using the "departments" field to do a short bio with education. I will attempt that also but would love a real option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Photo galleries/minibases in new content editor

The new content editor needs to allow us to insert code for photo galleries and mini bases. I like the overall look and feel of the new app, but it stripped a lot of functionality away that we used a lot. It is now a very cumbersome process to insert a photo gallery into a headlines section update, for example.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Additional fields in teacher app

It would very helpful to have the ability to add or have BB add a teacher room number field and a field to insert a link to a teacher website on the About Teacher App.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Embed pdf files in News & Announcements

It would be very nice to be able to embed pdf files in the body of News & Announcements. Now I have to convert the file to a png image, but some quality is lost.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Give videos the capability to loop

We would like to have the option to have a video loop once it is posted on our website.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sports Module

Blackboard SchoolWorld has a Sports Module that would be very helpful to be carried over to SchoolWires. The SportsModule in SchoolWorld allows for quick updating of Cancelled Events AND allows visitors to print a complete calendar for a sport without having to do it a month at a time. Please contact your peers on the SchoolWorld side of your company for the complete functionality of this module. When we made our transition from SchoolWorld to SchoolWires not having the features of this module was a major disappointment to our parents, student athletes and staff.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. App Name by Default is H1

When using the "Show the app name on my page" checkbox, the app name will appear as H1 by default. But sometimes I do not want it to be H1 because it is in the middle of the page. This is messing with accessibility, especially since there should only be 1 "H1" heading per page. There should be an added feature to let us identify which heading size we want to use. Otherwise, I am stuck adding a ton of heading apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Staff Directory Email Link

I feel like this should be a feature request for the entirety of the internet but it would be amazing if Blackboard could support it. We have families who try clicking on email links in the staff directory and then think they've sent an email but nothing ever comes through. My guess is that this is user error but always hard to say for sure. It would be great if clicking the email link would copy the email address rather than opening the email client.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Apps - need to keep updating them

Please assign more people to updating existing apps and developing new ones. WCM will get old if that's not done to keep up. Many of these apps need adjustments and tweaks to work better. I don't see much progress being made in this area.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. About Teacher App UL and OL

Currently there is no way to have an unordered or ordered list on the About Teacher app, but I keep running into situations where it is needed. Adding them would not detract from accessibility, so I don't know why they were stripped in the first place.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Lunch Menu App File Import

It would be helpful if we could use a csv file to populate the lunch menu app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base