Web Community Manager (Websites)

My suggestion is...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Color palette needs accessible options

There are thirty choices for color in the text editor, and not one of them is green. I spend way too much time fixing insufficient contrasts on teacher pages to comply with ADA. Please give us a more practical palette for a white background.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Editor Layouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Button to SAVE Changes

When I add, delete, or move apps around on the page, give me a button that asks if I want to save the changes I made. I have accidentally removed or moved apps, not realizing that I did, and Blackboard allows me to just close out. If I've made a change I like to verify it, and not be surprised later that I made a change I didn't intend to make.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editor Layouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mobile Website Editing

In most other web design platforms I've used, there's an option to edit the mobile layout separately from the web layout. This would be extremely useful in cases where the web to mobile automatic change doesn't make sense or look right.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bring back editor layouts

Editor Layouts allowed you to add content within an app (used to be flex now content) on a page added to a section configuration. This would allow a webmaster to set-up a template for one to work from. For example, district sometimes like teachers to have certain content on their homepage and maybe the district logo. The webmaster could create "dummy" text in a app and the teacher would fill in their specific info. This was a time saver. Please allow editor layouts to be created in content apps and added to section configurations.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add Insert Table feature to Content App Editor

In the short time that we have been working on our new site, one of the things that we have found that is missing and would be hugely helpful would be the ability to insert a table into the Content App. I realize that there is a table app, but it seems to take up a lot more space than I would like.

There is already the ability to edit a table in the Content App, it would just be nice if it was easier to add the table without having to copy and paste it from somewhere else or…

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. News Item Sort - save button should be at top of the list of articles

Please move the save button to the top of the screen above the list when sorting the news items.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Editor window is extremely small in NPE for certain apps

In the New Page Experience using apps like article library, link library, and site shortcuts brings up a very tiny window on the right where the editing space is only about 4 inches by 4 inches. I'm getting complaints from every person I open the NPE up to that they can't see what they are doing and they can't enlarge that tiny window. Why is it so small??? Please make it work like the rest of the apps.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. navigating the interface of the webpage creative process should be grab and drop all on the same page real time! i do not want to switch

Interface layout is cramped, complicated and throttles the creativity of the educational designers it was created to serve. Proposed solutions:

- ICON DESCRIPTORS should appear when my curser hovers over an option in the tool bar. This would increase clarity and allow amateur users to learn picture function association, feel successful during the creative process and SAVE TIME.

- Larger icons in the tool bar.

- RIGHT CLICK editing options for Photos & Graphics which allow you to rotate, crop, move forward, move back, flip, in front of text, behind text, add text directly on top of the photo, add…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Heading tags in the Content App (currently using TinyMCE) should be removeable

If you use headings (H1, H2, etc.) in a Content App, and probably anywhere else that uses TinyMCE, then current configuration does not allow you to remove those headings. You can change from one heading to another heading, but that is all, unless you use the source code.

Either remove the Headings tool from the toolbar, so users can only use the Template Styles which can be cleared by "Tx", or change it to Formats and include the paragraph tag.

TinyMCE documentation: https://www.tinymce.com/docs/configure/content-formatting/

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create a 2 column layout with a Left Sidebar

Currently there is a 2 column layout with a right sidebar option but there isn't one with a left sidebar option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Configurable Content Editor

Would be great to be able to control acceptable HTML tags in the content editor at the site level.

The Content Editor is currently stripping out <i> tags that are commonly used in HTML5 markup through sources like Font Awesome.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add the ability to add padding around images directly into the Content app

Include the ability to add padding around images directly into the Content app

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In WYSIWYG editor, represent the video frame with a placeholder so teachers could see where it would display on the page

Teachers cannot easily determine where a video will display (without HTML experience) within the editor; request a placeholder be used in the editor to represent where the video will display.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pre-formatted SW Page Layouts

I'd like to see some simple but visually appealing, CSS, pre-formatted PAGE layouts from Schoolwires. It'd be great to see some for teacher pages, athletics, and activities/clubs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base