Web Community Manager (Websites)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. sort teacher pages via last name, not first names?

--sort teacher pages list via last name, not first names?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to embed code in the basic editor

I want to be able to embed code in apps like content app, article library without using full html option. An embed code app within apps that use the basic editor???

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have a feature on the Embed app that lets you limit the amount of comments that you can list on your webpage.

I hate to delete any comments made on our website, but I can't have the webpage scroll forever to see all of them. If I could limit the amount shown to say, 5 comments, then if a person wanted to read the previous comments, they could click on "more" underneath. Thoughts?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adjust Images to Respond in Responsive Tempalates

Image dimensions (including those in Image Apps) are all pixel based. When viewed in our responsive template, these images often become too large for the design. To work around, I have to modify the HTML code for the image width to a percentage.

Would be nice to have an option to specify the width by percentage as well as the min-width and max-width to make the images responsive with the template.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Lunch Menu App

Add the ability to sort records so the content can be recycled from month to month. It would also be good to have the ability to multi select records and delete in a batch instead of individually.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Lunch Menu needs full editing capabilities

The lunch menu app does not display as edited, and we do not have any ability to see the source code to fix it. The editing screen does not function very well, either, so that if I do highlight the text and change the size, it only changes part of the text. Very very frustrating to use!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Page number next to page names in editor

Sometimes people don't name their pages correctly and if another editor has to find the page, it could be troublesome. I would love to see the page number included with the page names in the editor.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Page Identification

I would love to see the pages listed in the section editor with their identifying page number as it disiplays in the browser.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Security - Password Changes should be on https pages

Our site has an SSL certificate which directs users to https when signing in. However, when a user changes a password, the Account Settings pages are not https and the data submitted is NOT encrypted. All password related pages should always be displayed using https when a site has SSL enabled.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Security - SSL - Require https on specific site sections/pages

In order to create a true intranet, we want to apply SSL on specific channels, sections and/or pages, which would require user login, and user specified group membership. We want to specify which specific areas require https. We want all content displayed on these selected pages to require https for the display and/or transfer of protected pages/files. The sensitive data transfer would be encrypted. This would ForceSSL when needed and use http when not needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Security - Require user passwords be strong and at least 8 characters long

I was able to change one of my dummy/test userid account's passwords to a one character password. This ensures no security on that account. All user accounts should have strong passwords, especially if the account also has Passkeys. A user could hack into a weak account and the access other accounts thaty may have been set up using the Passkey function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sara Daniel at Arlington would like the ability to customize Restrict Formatting.

An example is to restrict what fonts my staff can use but not the font color.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Modify the Last Modified Report so that the Site Admins can export the data in raw, non-summarized, csv format.

Modify the Last Modified Report so that the Site Admins can export the data in raw, non-summarized, csv format. Include the Channel, Section, Page, userid of person who last edited the page, page expiration date and the Last edited date and time. I want to be able to easily use Excel to filter and sort the data. This would be helpful in identifying pages that need to be reviewed, especially in organizations that have more than one person maintaining a site.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create a search tool to search a specific folder

I would like to have a search tool that will allow us to search a particular folder. For example, we have a page with Board Policy links. Each of these link to a folder with html files. I would like to be able to search those html files for key words.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. MyView PassKey Area Design Improvements

The size of the icons that are used for the PassKey dropdown area don’t translate well to the smaller icons used in the list for the PassKey MyView area. It would be nice to have the same larger format size used for the PassKey dropdown in the MyView area. It would make the icons easier to see and select from.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. MyView Usability

When a user adds a gadget, it’s difficult to actually select it --- you click on it, but it takes several seconds for the gadget window to pop up. Nothing changes color or is highlighted when you click to select it. Intuitively web-based experience is for something to indicate that you have actually selected something – either a color change, highlight, etc. – even if the selection takes a few seconds to process.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Site Managers to Control Font

In order to create an atmosphere that conveys professionalism, I would like to request that Website Managers have control over the fonts available to staff, in particular, Comic Sans. This font is commonly used in elementary school districts, however as a high school district it looks inappropriate for the age group and many times, staff will cover serious subject matters using Comic Sans. Thank you for your time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be great...if when a document is added to a work area in Nimbus that a notification be triggered.

Is it possible in Nimbus to include document posting to "Work Area" in notifications?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Include a GUID - globally unique identifier field in LDAP

Directories store a unique identifier for each account. For example, AD, has a field called GUID - globally unique identifier - that is unique across all users within the directory (other directory products have the same thing, perhaps with a different name for that field like UUID or OID). This identifier does not change, and you can't re-create it; so if you delete the account in the directory and create it again with all the same info, the GUID is still different than the original.

If Schoolwires were to pull in this identifier as part of their LDAP Connector, and…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base