Web Community Manager (Websites)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow change to time zone

Currently the time zone is locked as Eastern, so time stamps on Last Modified date, etc are all incorrect. It would be nice if we could adjust the time zone either globally at the site level or for each sub-site (global would be fine for me and probably most customers). I don't know if this is a problem in Synergy or Assist but I can see how it could be problematic in those apps as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide Traditional FTP Service

It would be great, if in addition to Centricity, you also provide a traditional FTP/Hosting service. Our students and teachers often use programs like iWeb to create simple websites. We want to encourage that kind of use and learning of technology. However, uploading these to Centricity and making sure all the links work properly afterward is way too complicated for the average elementary student. Because SW now hosts our site, we no longer have an open server where we can upload these files to be viewed by the public. We have our intranet but that's no good when we want…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Eliminate View Website Tab or Site Mgr Button from tab view

I've observed teachers, who only have editing rights to one section, click the 'view website' tab from within the Site Manager to view their updated pages. When satisfied rather than clicking the 'site manager' tab on the left to return to where they were, they click the 'site manager' button on the right opening up a new site manager application. I've seen them do this repeatedly, hence having over a dozen duplicate windows open. Unfortunately they risk overwriting their edited pages if they were to save the first opened window after the last edited window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to create Favorite Pages in Site Manager

It would save a lot of time if you could flag or mark certain pages as "Favorites" in Site Manager. This function would enable you to access frequently updated pages much faster than having to drill down every single time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Template for online school newspapers

Anyone using Schoolwires to publish online version of their high school newspaper?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Site Manager Favorites Option

It would be helpful if Site Directors and Sub-Site Directors could create a 'Favorites List' much like the "Choose a quick task" drop down in Site Manager. There are a handful of pages that I frequently access and update. Having to navigate through the entire site/subsite hierarchy is very tedious and cumbersome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Single Sign On Capability with Club Schoolio and Centricity

If you have already signed into Site Manager and your web site, why do you have to sign into Club Schoolio separately? A single signon would be much easier. Also, I think the password parameters were different for the two sites, so I could not make them the same which was another pain.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Page Specific last modified date

In addition to having a last modified date setting for the section it should be for each individual page and/or be able to add it to a page using an active block.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make Website Timeout Based on Inactivity

There is currently an option to set the amount of time before people are automatically signed out of the website. However, it is only based on time and not on inactivity. This is very inconvenient when you're someone who works on the website all day long and you keep getting logged out in the middle of things.Logout should be based on inactivity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Global list of forms and surveys, photo galleries, blogs

As the site manager, I would appreciate a way to know of all the forms, surveys, photo galleries, blogs, etc. that are on the site without having to search through each subsite and sections.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A report breaks down the usage of roles, by sections & pages

Hello, I have had a very good request come up, from our webmasters at the Niagara Wheatfield CSD. They have a pretty large site (district + 6 subsites) and many, many pages of content. Currently they are looking at revamping their roles - perhaps adding new or eliminating outdated roles. Is there any reporting mechanism which would allow them to see which roles are being used and where they are being used on the site. For instance if Mary Ann decided that she wanted to eliminate a role called Business Staff - because she felt that it was not really…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a space for a second phone number in the footer of the Snapshot template.

Add a space for a second phone number in the footer of the Snapshot template.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base