Web Community Manager (Websites)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow us to toggle off the "Contact" tab

Can we eliminate the "Contact" tab in the Edit Account Settings under "My Account" when users login? If not, we will need to add some text that indicates that any changes made on that screen will not be communicated to the school. We keep all contact information with the Registrar, and that database is not tied to our website.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. User Profile Search and Sorting

Right now there is now way to sort the list of user accounts by any category, either by the last name, first name, email address, or last visit column headings or by roles or lock-out status.<br><br>In addition, the only way to search accounts is by last name. Being able to search by other fields, especially by email address, would be very useful. If additional search fields are added, please also add the ability to search the entire data field for the given search criteria, not just from the beginning (e.g. the ability to search all email addresses for a specific…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. User password reset after first log-in.

We would like to be able to assign a generic password to new users, and then have the system require them to change it when they log-in for the first time.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. More Granular Permissions for Subsite Directors

We have found in many cases that subsite director privileges provide too much power and we as site directors do not have the option of scaling back those permissions. For example, while we like the fact that subsite directors can see and have permission to modify content in any section within their subsite, we would prefer that they did not have the ability to rename, move, create, or delete sections or channels. It is difficult to maintain a semblance of consistency between subsites when subsite directors are left to their own devices and move a section to one channel where…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Mass remove users who have self registered

The ability to mass remove users who have self registered using the registration button

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Lock user account login names after creation

We use a specific format for staff logins as we use an intranet on our website. Users have the ability to change their login name. I find myself spending a lot of time resetting user account login names when they forget. This also makes maintenance more difficult. Could you please make this field only updateable by the admin?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Is there a way to prevent any accounts who have a LDAP accou

We run into a serious problem in that staff and students who have LDAP accounts will register on the schoolwires site and then when they login, it doesn‰Ûªt recognize them as an LDAP account and they are not given access to restricted resources. We need to delete their account and then have them sign in to create the LDAP account. Is there a way before creating an account it checks LDAP and will not allow the creation of an account if the userid already exists in LDAP?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Increased User Management and Monitoring

In addition to receiving locked out notifications, I think overall user account management would benefit from more monitoring. It would be nice to see "active users" (people currently logged in) and the amount of time Section Editors spend working on their sites. This could get labor-intensive, but having an area where we can see page edits and additions would be nice too so we can gauge how often sections are being updated.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Easier way to delete users

At the beginning of each school year I import the students for each of our programs. By the next year, some graduate, some return in a different program (which would change their role), some do not return. I know that I can undo the import, but I would find it much easier (and less scary) if in the Users pager, there was a checkbox next to each user where I could check more than one user at a time, then click Remove. (kind of like in my email - I can click a checkbox and delete, move, etc). It is…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Assigning Roles During Site Manager-based User Creation

When a new account is made by a site manager, it should be possible to then be able to assign roles immediately after the creation of the account. Currently, creating a new account brings the site workspace back to the "User Profiles" page, forcing the site manager to then search for the new account, click on the "Edit" button, click on the "Edit Roles" button, and then assign roles.Since assigning roles is the next natural and logical step in an account-creation process, it would be better to navigate to the role assignment page immediately following the creation of the account.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow multiple e-mail addresses within a single user profile

Many of our registered users have multiple accounts because they want to receive e-mail notifications at more than one e-mail address. Most have a home and a business e-mail address. Some have more than 2. It would be useful to allow users to enter a primary and at least one alternate e-mail address. You could allow them to specify if they want e-Alerts sent to all addresses or just the primary address.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow exporting of users by roles

It would be useful to have the ability to choose users by roles and then export them. The only option now is to export all users in one file and then sort them by role, which is difficult if users have more than one role.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add 'Select all' and 'Clear all' in Roles

Add 'Select All' and 'Clear' button in Roles.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Account List Search Results

When viewing account details for an account listed in the search results in the user accounts page, there is no way to return to the search results after viewing the account. The original search needs to be run again. The Save and Cancel buttons in the Edit User page should return the user to the original search results.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base