Web Community Manager (Websites)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would like to see a recurring event option on the calendar that doesn't have to be sequential.

If you have several events during the year, it would be nice to be able to choose the dates so one doesn't have to type over and over the same event.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Calendar field that shows the source of the event

When we view merged calendars through the custom calendar view, the events do not maintain their source calendar info. For a community member trying to see multiple calendars at the same time, there is no way to know what event came from what calendar. This is a feature in the app that is extremely helpful.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Calendar Views

Allow List View by the Day, Week or Month and to be able to sort most recent date first.

You can only see details of an event on a calendar either by clicking on the event or using list view. List View works but as the month moves on you have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page which can be long if there are a lot of events. Since we use the Calendar to enter all the teachers on a team homework our list does get long.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add "After School Activity" , "School Day Event" , "Special Event" to the Calendar Categories

Add "After School Activity" , "School Day Event" , "Special Event" to the Calendar Categories

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I suggest you make it possible to choose a calendar collection when doing a calendar import.

I use calendar imports extensively and want the ability to choose a calendar collection at the time of import. Having this feature would end my current practice of duplicate import uploads to both the district calendar and the individual school calendar and provide better customization for each school's calendar.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to exclude calendars from displaying mandatory events

The only way to push events down from district calendar to school calendars is to mark as 'mandatory event' or use calendar collections. When there are a lot of school sites, it can be time-consuming to use calendar collections, but there are times when a calendar needs to be excluded from showing mandatory events. There should be a way to exclude a calendar from showing mandatory events.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable an override for "Mandatory Events" on

We have a few sites that are NOT on the same calendar as the district. Because it's impossible to adequately manage collections, Calendars should be able to individually override or toggle mandatory events.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Files and Folders Functionality

In the files and folders app I see that the files don't open up in the browser you have to download them or open from that point. I understand the it but also don't understand why you wouldn't provide the option in this app or simply provide another app that allows you that funcionality. I know that you can download the files into your files library and then copy the link paste the link to etc. But come on this is crazy a cms system is supposed to make your life easier not harder. There should be a simply app…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I suggest you create a way that the Upcoming Events app can draw from a category within a calendar.

I want to use the Upcoming Events app but have the ability to pick which category I want listed in the upcoming events. As an example, I would use Upcoming Events on the Career Center page, drawing from the existing events on the High School calendar category of Career Center.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add the ability to save and reuse custom questions for multiple calendar events

When setting up a calendar event for staff development with custom questions it would be nice to be able to duplicate that event preserving the same multiple choice questions so we don't have to create the custom questions for every event.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to edit reoccurring events from synced calendar

When a calendar is synced with the Google calendar, you are only able to add reoccurring events through the Google calendar. You are not able to edit that event and change details including the category which is how we have our schools color-coded. All I want is to be able to either add reoccurring events through the website or be able to edit (at the very least) the category so it doesn't show up grey/categorized.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Reacurring Events in Calendar

I would like to be able to post reacurring events that are random dates. Currently, you do have a choice of weekly, monthly, day of the week. A lot of times events are reacurring, but are random dates throughout the school year. (i.e. professional development classes) Groupwise has a calendar that drops down and you choose all your dates.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Download Calendar Here tab

On all the Schoolwires calendars there is the option of downloading events to your personal calendar by clicking on the ical button. Can't this be called something different? If people are putting items to their Microsoft Outlook calendar or an Android Device or Google Calendar they would not know to click on this tab. Couldn't it simply state download to personal calendar and then give them the option of what to download to?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improve on Posting to Other Calendars

would like to encourage the design team to come up with a more efficient way to post to other calendars. Over the course of the year, we have about 800 sports events that need to be pushed to other calendars and the way that it is set up now is VERY cumbersome.

For example…Our soccer team wants to have a practice so they enter all of the information in on the soccer calendar. Then they have to follow this procedure to add it to three more calendars:
    Step 1 Post to Calendars tab
    Step 2 Click “Post to other calendars” …

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow us to create custom questions to add calendar event registrations.

We use the calendar for ProDef registration and we are constantly having to add the same questions over and over. It would be great if we could create them at the district level so that we don't have to do it for each event. An example would be school or grade... We would like to define the list of schools and grades once and re-use them for each event. It's great that dietary and special requirements are there, but we have the need for more questions. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable Duplicate Event Function on Calendar

It would be helpful if you could 'duplicate' an event with a single button so that you could simply move the same event to another date.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ALLOW <FORM> TAGS INSIDE OF THE TINYMCE!!!

Huge ISSUE. We cannot add form tags to Calendar Events. The TINYMCE editor delete <form> tags. Thus, Paypal buttons and/or other forms to pay for attending an event cannot be added. Changes to the TINYMCE .php will allow for form tags to be added. Embed code apps which can add code... cannot be added to calendar events. Please advise.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Calendar: Allow recurring event for weekdays only.

We have a 4 day scheduling cycle and we post our A, B, C, D days to our calendar. What we need to have the ability to do is enter a day code that recurs every 4 days excluding weekends.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make calendar events visible for a specified period of time

User-defined start date and end date for visibility

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)