Web Community Manager (Websites)

My suggestion is...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a field to the Calendar import for custom questions as part of registerable events.

Change the Calendar import file to include a field for registerable custom questions.

Submitted by Angela at Methacton

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to see a recurring event option on the calendar that doesn't have to be sequential.

If you have several events during the year, it would be nice to be able to choose the dates so one doesn't have to type over and over the same event.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Post to Calendar Should Inherit the Subsite Calendar

Currently I need to go in and configure each school site to have their own calendar collection. By default there should be the option to post to the subsite calendar.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Registration on Calendar

Users cannot cancel their registration if they are on the waiting list. Therefore, if they choose another event and don't want to be on the waiting list anymore, it could prevent others from registering because there is a waiting list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow more than 1 email address in the Calendar email notification field

Sometimes there is more than 1 person who maintains a calendar. A few of our districts have asked if more than one address can be entered. I have tested this by separating the addresses by colons or semicolons and it does not send an email to the 2nd person. This would be a nice feature for our districts to have.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Calendar Registration Event

Allow creator of a registerable calendar event to select whether or not the user needs to be registered as a Schoolwires user or if they can be a general user just for this event. We hold events that we do not always want attendees to register in our database.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Modify upcoming events app

Provide dates for ALL upcoming events listed on home page. Sometimes when a user sees just the word "Monday" next to an event, they don't know what date that represents.

Thanks for your consideration.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Move events to another calendar

It would be very helpful to be able to change an events calendar location simply by selecting the appropriate calendar from a drop down list, instead of having to delete it and start all over again.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Calendar events - show more event detail when hovering over an event in EACH view. Incidate there is an attachment

Calendar events - show more event detail when hovering over an event in EACH view. Indicate there is an attachment if you can not show the link to it. Each view (list, week, month, etc) only shows a little information until you click on the event. Seems many will think the only information available is what you see when you hover.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve on Posting to Other Calendars

would like to encourage the design team to come up with a more efficient way to post to other calendars. Over the course of the year, we have about 800 sports events that need to be pushed to other calendars and the way that it is set up now is VERY cumbersome.

For example…Our soccer team wants to have a practice so they enter all of the information in on the soccer calendar. Then they have to follow this procedure to add it to three more calendars:
    Step 1 Post to Calendars tab
    Step 2 Click “Post to other calendars” …

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Display in upcoming events

It would save teachers an additional step if the "always display in upcoming events" button under the Category box was available when the event is created. As it is now, I have to "save" the event and then click on it in my calendar to edit, then the "always display'" button now shows and I can check the box so event shows on calendar. When I am creating my calendar for the year and entering numerous events this extra step is VERY time consuming.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Site Director & Adding Events to

When a Site Director adds an event to a section calendar and wants that event posted on the main District calendar, it should be an option to add it automatically. Having to navigate back to the event que and then approve it is a waste of time.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Collaborative Scheduling Calendar

Create a calendar that teachers/parents can view and edit to schedule or reserve items. Someone previously requested something like this for a conferences, but how about reservation of a computer lab or mobile laptop carts that repeat every 1/2 hour throughout the school year. For our laptop carts, I'd like teachers to be able to view the schedule, know who currently has the carts, know where the carts need to go next, and be able to schedule their time with the carts. We tried using an imported registered events, but found that this wouldn't work because teachers could not view…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Default Calendar Views

Allow section or site editors to set a default view for the calendar individually in each section.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create a calendar feature that tracks room/resource useage

Can a feature be created that keeps track of rooms/resources to prevent overbooking. For example, rooms used when an event is posted to the distirct calendar?

Let's say on 05/19 at 2:00 PM Room 212 is used for a meeting. Is there a way for the calendar to "know" that and provide a flag / warning / overbooking notification?

Can a list / report that be available to print by date and/or by room? For example, all events taking place in Room 212 or the aud or conference room, etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Calendar for Registered Events- Conferences

In order to make scheduling of Parent Teacher Conferences (and other events) more efficient, my school district attempted using the Schoolwires calendar to tackle this monstrous task. In the past it has taken a clerk up to 400 hours of work to accomplish this, and with Schoolwires this task was successfully accomplished in a fraction of the time. Although I found it has a lot of potential for future use, it needs some minor changes that will make major improvements in the process. Basically what I did was I created 36 registered events for each high school teacher and batch…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Export prior year Calendar

Request the ability to export prior years calendar either to Excel or to current years calendar for editing since many school calendar events are similar from year to year.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Include a Facilities Calendar

Have the ability to have a facilities calendar open for internal and external purposes. Include a work order when reserving the facility.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Event Registration Emails

Currently, event registration emails only get sent to the recipients in the Contact fields when someone registers for an event, not when they unregister. Please generate emails when people unregister from events.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Assignments to Calendar by Date Assigned and/or Date Due

Several secondary folks who have been recently trained asked about this recently: Currently the Assignments Page will post an assignment on the calendar based on its due date. An option to post based on the assigned date and/or the due date would be much appreciated.

Several people asked during our training yesterday....

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base