Web Community Manager (Websites)

My suggestion is...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. You need to add in the option to do random occurrences in the calendar app.

Need the option to post misc things as re occurrence but they are not in a uniform patter they happen randomly every month. The current format does not allow for this it would have to be like the third Thursday every month. This is something that we had with Edline and School Center CMS systems and it allowed me to save a lot of time. I really need this feature can someone please escalate this issue. Thanks, Eric Kulick with the Elizabeth Public Schools.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Default Calendar View

Please allow the site directors and section editors to set the default view for calendars. We use our calendar to list all upcoming meetings and professional development opportunities. We use the Upcoming Events app on our workshop registration page, but when the end user clicks "view all", they go to the main calendar which by default is a monthly view. It is very difficult to read calendar events on the month view.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Default Calendar Views

Allow section or site editors to set a default view for the calendar individually in each section.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Collaborative Scheduling Calendar

Create a calendar that teachers/parents can view and edit to schedule or reserve items. Someone previously requested something like this for a conferences, but how about reservation of a computer lab or mobile laptop carts that repeat every 1/2 hour throughout the school year. For our laptop carts, I'd like teachers to be able to view the schedule, know who currently has the carts, know where the carts need to go next, and be able to schedule their time with the carts. We tried using an imported registered events, but found that this wouldn't work because teachers could not view…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Redesigned Calendar

Potential problems I've seen:
    When selecting an event on the calendar it creates a border around the day cell. That border stays when scrolling from month to month and back again. It does not disappear until you select a new date. People could find this confusing because it appears that the border signifies the current date.
    When viewing event details it is now a multiple step process. More steps, and you now have to scroll to the top of the page to get back to Month view.
    Category color symbol for an event is very small and makes some color…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Separate Editor Calendar/Homepage Permissions

It would be nice if permissions separated calendar editors from having access to edit homepage content. For districts that do not allow people to edit content, it would at least be nice for certain privileges to be extended for staff to edit calendar events only (and not other parts of the site).

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make full-view Calendar Event Titles more readable.

We need to make these more readable - maybe by removing the three small calendars (option?) on the left and adjusting the font-size this will be readable.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Central "Library" of Locations for Calendar Items

Add central "library" of locations so manual entry isn't required on every calendar item. Automatically have map for these locations.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Week view in District Calendar is not an option? Help!

Surely this was a mistake. There are buttons for Month and Day but no Week view. Many Parents and Faculty are requesting this. Please put Week as a view option.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The calendar in it's new form is way less user friendly.

The way that the calendar looks when I am editing (or how it used to look was so much more user friendly). Right now it is hard for my students to see what I have posted there or get to linked content so they are not using it. This new update has made it so that my time spent on the calendar is wasted because it is not user friendly for them to get to.

The whole set up has gotten less user friendly than it was previously.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. sync to outlook

Allow a Outlook calendar to be synced to SchoolWires calendar.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Google Calendar Author Privacy

Once a Google calendar is synced, the person who adds an event shows up when someone clicks directly on a event. Usually their name and email address. This information should have a privacy editing option, since the person who adds an event may not be the main contact for that event. Should have the option also to be left blank regardless of who added info.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Combined Calendar - Bring it to WCM!

Having an integrated homework calendar is essential for our small school. On Edline, the Combined Calendar was the most accessed feature by both teachers and parents. Teachers used it to post their assignments; parents used it to retrieve assignments on a weekly basis. In WCM, we are using the Stream to replace the Combined Calendar. While it 'works', it's not as user friendly to either teachers or students/parents for accessing their assignments. Can the various calendars that are part of WCM be configured to replicate the Combined Calendar from Edline?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add an +Google Calendar link

Add a +Google link to the calendar, so that staff and parents can link it directly to their Google calendars, instead of going through iCal and adding the URL link.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make it possible to Share items from synced Google calendars with Schoolwires calendars.

We are very happy that Schoolwires now has the ability to sync a Google calendar to Schoolwires. We'd really like to see a feature that would let us Share items from those synced calendars with other Schoolwires calendars. For example, our Athletics calendar is maintained on Google (which means the person doing that work doesn't need to have Site Manager access to Schoolwires), but we'd like our District calendar manager to be able to push the Homecoming game up to the District calendar without recreating it.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow Calendar Event Categories from master calendar to auto populate to sub calendars

It would be nice to have a calendar entry from the main calendar to auto populate to a sub calendar. For example, if I put in an athletic event in the main calendar (and give it the appropriate Athletic Event Calendar), it should auto appear on the Athletics calendar. This is important, especially when uploading mass events, since right now I would have to manually go into each event to manual push those to the calendar.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Automatically pull school identifier (possibly from DNS or friendly web adress setting) and automatically add that to all calendar postings.

When events are posted to another calendar the event title is displayed, but most users don't include the originating school in that title. This causes confusion for all users. If the system automatically added the school identifier to the event title it would address these issues:

1- Currently when events are pushed up with no school identifier we decline them and ask the requester to add the school initials and resubmit. This takes extra time and frustrates the school calendar editor.

2- When we miss a request and don't get the school ID in the title it has caused extra…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Automatic Posting From All Calendars to the District Calendar

Our superintendent wants to take every event from every calendar below the district calendar and automatically post it to the district calendar…….Sort of like a mandatory event, but in REVERSE.

I’m aware that teachers can request posting to the district calendar, but that requires the teacher to initiate the request by clicking ‘Post to other calendars’……….Our superintendent wants it to be an automatic ‘fail-safe’ posting to avoid teachers 'forgetfullness'.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I suggest you create a way that the Upcoming Events app can draw from a category within a calendar.

I want to use the Upcoming Events app but have the ability to pick which category I want listed in the upcoming events. As an example, I would use Upcoming Events on the Career Center page, drawing from the existing events on the High School calendar category of Career Center.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create a calendar feature that tracks room/resource useage

Can a feature be created that keeps track of rooms/resources to prevent overbooking. For example, rooms used when an event is posted to the distirct calendar?

Let's say on 05/19 at 2:00 PM Room 212 is used for a meeting. Is there a way for the calendar to "know" that and provide a flag / warning / overbooking notification?

Can a list / report that be available to print by date and/or by room? For example, all events taking place in Room 212 or the aud or conference room, etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base