Web Community Manager (Websites)

My suggestion is...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Staff Directory Web Form (rather than advertising email)

Emails should not be posted to websites due to Spam Bots and/or ease of criminals accessing and spear phishing. When contacting a staff member, it should go to a web form that sends to the org email. Even if emails are obfuscated, web form should be a requirement.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  End User  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The new Ally feature, the large A and arrow is a bit obnoxious.

I love what you have done, but is there any chance you would consider reducing the size or standardize the position to either the beginning or end of a website post. It really effects the way the material on the website is seen, and quite frankly is looks awful.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ally  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option for Site Administrators show a video/message that greets all content editors upon signing in to Site Manager

When activating the New Page Editing Experience all contents editors are currently greeted with a video overview of the New Page Editing Experience the first time they sign in to Site Manager. I would like this feature to be expanded to Site Administrators so that they have the option to greet all WCM content editors upon logging in with a video or message. For example, we would like all of our WCM content editors to annually be greet with a video about website accessibility that we produced.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Site Workspace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Staff Directory Sort

It would be great if we could arrange staff directory listings. I.e. I have a leadership staff directory that I'd like to sort by leader, i.e. Superintendent, Deputy Superintendent, etc.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Color palette needs accessible options

There are thirty choices for color in the text editor, and not one of them is green. I spend way too much time fixing insufficient contrasts on teacher pages to comply with ADA. Please give us a more practical palette for a white background.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editor Layouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Document Viewer App - Move "Click Here" To Top of Page Where People Can See It

The Document viewer app often does not show up when you first open the page it is on. It often requires a refresh. But to add to this issue is that the note that says, "If you are having difficulty viewing this document....." is displayed about 2 screen lengths down the page, basically in a place where no one will see it. So a viewer coming to a page with a Document Viewer app on it will simply see a blank page and think that the page has not been populated.

My request is to please update the app by…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fixed accessibility errors are still listed in issues...

When I fix accessibility issues they still show up on the list of issues, which makes it hard to go through and work on new things day to day. If fixed issues are still going to be listed, being able to filter them out somehow would be great. Alternatively, simply not listing them in the Accessibility issues section would help too.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ally  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Anything involving a table breaks responsive design

Tables are necessary for presenting large chunks of information in a digestible format, however it seems like anything involving a table completely breaks responsive design once I test on mobile. Please find us a solution!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to tag photos with alt text when uploaded in the files/folders section.

Add Alt-Text when uploading under the files/folders section. Currently doing this there is no place to add alt text.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "All Day" should not be the default time showing up for calendar events that do not have a specific time associated with them.

For example - if you wish to indicated that January 17 is an Early Dismissal Day, but do not wish to indicate on calendar interface a start time or an end time (because different buildings start and end as different times), it shows up as an All Day event. That is confusing for the end user. Exam Days for us are partial days, but with varying end times, which are clarified when the event is clicked on. But since we are not indicating a start or end time, on the calendar interface it shows up as an All Day event.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Update the Document Viewer app so that the size can be controlled by the user so that you do not have so much blank space for 1 page PDF's

Currently when you have a single page pdf the document viewer will show the doc and then there is a lot of blank space beneath the page in the viewer when you have the app on a page where the layout is not the one column (simple). Can the app be updated so that the user can control the sizing of the app to adjust for different layouts. Or make the app more responsive to the layouts and RWD.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Randomize Photo Order in Photo Gallery

Provide an option to Randomize the order in which photos in the Smooth Transitions (or any) Photo Gallery are presented so when an end user visits the Photo Gallery, they don't always see the same first photo. We use the Smooth Transitions Photo Gallery on our district's homepage and it would be nice to not always see the same photo every time you visit the homepage (if one doesn't stay on the page long enough, they never see the other photos in the gallery unless they click through them).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Photo Gallery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Google Calendar Sync needs "Repair"

The two-way sync with a Google calendar is wonderful! Just what we needed. It does, however, seem to occasionally "break" and require a "repair" to correct. If it isn't possible to correct those breaks, it would be great to have some kind of flag to suggest that the sync isn't working properly.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Google Calendar failure email

Is there a way to have linked Google Calendars send an email to site administrators if they fail to connect or update? I just hate it when I notice that calendars haven't been connecting for a month or more. I just can't check them daily - or weekly. . .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. For Content Moderation

I would like the ability to give editor permission down to the page level but not the entire section.

We currently have users that need to edit pages in different sections but not necessarily all the pages in specific sections.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Content Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Rotate Pictures

Pictures being uploaded via cell phone come in sideways. Please allow simple image rotation to fix this problem. Mainly with iPhone.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fix Creative Services Image Editor bug

The Creative Services Image Editor saves the images at a slightly higher bitrate than the original photo. This causes problems for our users when uploading to the Multimedia Rotator, which has a file size limit of 1 MB.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add ALLY widgit to Files folder so files with accessability issues are easily identified.

Add Ally widgit to Files folder so files with accessability issues are easily identified.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow Minibases to be responsive

I would love it for minibases layout to allow responsive design. Very difficult to use our staff directory minibase on a phone or tablet.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Minibase  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The accordion app should be included in the app package.

It is a very common feature included in other website software packages with other companies. It is not right to charge a custom app fee for something that is so commonly used.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 68 69
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base