Web Community Manager (Websites)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a 'reset button' after displaying search result

I would like a 'new search' or 'reset' button after displaying results to a search request in a minibase so I can submit another request.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Minibase  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Recurring Events show once in Upcoming Events

In Upcoming Events, recurring events should show as Dec 21-25: Holiday Break rather than Holiday Break on every day that the event recurs.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Upcoming Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Include a Way to Move or Insert Fields in Minibase

Currently, it is not possible to simply add a new field between two existing fields in something like a directory in table view. If you want to add a new field, it has to appear as the last column, unless you create a custom view, which presents other issues. This seems like a fairly common task that should be simple to do. It would be nice if there were an "insert field" option or a "sort fields" option. I know you can define the way in which the records are sorted when an end-user performs a search, but that's a…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Minibase  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Upcoming Events Portal

include the date next to the Today line in the Upcoming Events field in the database. I know that we list events for Today and Tomorrow but it might be good to include the date of those events.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Upcoming Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Different formats for photo galleries

Would like to have options for the way photo galleries look on the page. It would be nice to have some formatting options.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Photo Gallery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. video embeds- Ability to resize video so it shows player

We are having trouble viewing video embedded as Rick Media Objects. They run fine in Internet Explorer (after the extra step of installing ActiveX), but are either not viewed or not visible if looked at through other browsers. And, it doesn't work at all on a Mac, only on a PC. This needs to be as easy to use as other features on the website. Teachers should not have to start working with HTML code in order to have their videos play.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flex Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make tab key function to advance you to next cell

In the editor, when you are entering data into a row, you can't tab to the next cell/row.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flex Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Folders in Section Editor for Multiple Class Organization

Section Editor should have a Folder Section for Organizing different types of webpages by Class (Bio, HBio, APBio) or activity. Current practice is to list all webpages in one large offering. This is fine if all you have are 4-8 pages, but once you start making many webpages, digging down for the page you want to edit is tedious and slows one down.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Section Workspace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Custom Error Pages

Ability to customize "page not found" and/or other error pages to provide users with proactive assistance to find what they're looking for and troubleshoot browser issues. [ Inspired by an issue we're having with implementation -- many, many people in our communiy have old, cached pages on their computers and have no idea that we have launched a new Website or how to access it even though the URL has not changed. We'd like to customize the error pages -- even if it's just with a link -- to better inform folks of the new site and provide suggestions for…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create a calendar feature that tracks room/resource useage

Can a feature be created that keeps track of rooms/resources to prevent overbooking. For example, rooms used when an event is posted to the distirct calendar?

Let's say on 05/19 at 2:00 PM Room 212 is used for a meeting. Is there a way for the calendar to "know" that and provide a flag / warning / overbooking notification?

Can a list / report that be available to print by date and/or by room? For example, all events taking place in Room 212 or the aud or conference room, etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Calendar for Registered Events- Conferences

In order to make scheduling of Parent Teacher Conferences (and other events) more efficient, my school district attempted using the Schoolwires calendar to tackle this monstrous task. In the past it has taken a clerk up to 400 hours of work to accomplish this, and with Schoolwires this task was successfully accomplished in a fraction of the time. Although I found it has a lot of potential for future use, it needs some minor changes that will make major improvements in the process. Basically what I did was I created 36 registered events for each high school teacher and batch…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Copying of Forms

Allow copying of forms from one site to another, or one section to another.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Forms & Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sort past due assignments from new to old

On the assignments page, Allow the option (or set as default) so that past due assignments are sorted from newest to oldest so that if a student misses an assignment they do not have to scroll to the bottom of what can be a very long page to see what they missed.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Send the user an email receipt after completing a survey

When using a survey it would be helpful if the person completing the survey could could receive an email so they would have a receipt showing that they completed the survey. I used it a lot this past year and many of my families would use the survey to register multiple times to make sure we received the entry which caused confusion. Thank you.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forms & Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Increased User Management and Monitoring

In addition to receiving locked out notifications, I think overall user account management would benefit from more monitoring. It would be nice to see "active users" (people currently logged in) and the amount of time Section Editors spend working on their sites. This could get labor-intensive, but having an area where we can see page edits and additions would be nice too so we can gauge how often sections are being updated.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Improved Survey & Forms Reports

The "email reponses" feature is very useful for receiving printable survey submissions, yet the exported format can be difficult and time-consuming to work with at times. The print feature in the Reports area generally cuts off information, and prinouts must be made in the landscape mode. I would like to have a way to access more printer-friendly summaries and reports, without having to receive the emails.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Forms Templates

Please have common editable "canned" Forms available for customization (i.e., Payroll Deduction Change Forms, Employee Leave Request Forms, Student Field Trip Permission Forms, etc.). A myraid of forms could be incorporated into SchoolWires that would greatly enhance productivity AND add value to the SchoolWires product line.

We have developed a form using the Forms and Surveys module, but the result is a very rudementary form, and the output is very basic. We want a form that looks like a paper form, can be filled out on-line, can be e-mailed, and printed to look like its' paper equivalent, and completed Fields…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Forms and Surveys

Be able to change the text in the forms and surveys so that not everything says... Survey Completed...Not everything created is a survey...Also to have the ability to create reports based on the information collected, i.e. charts and graphs, within schoolwires...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Forms & Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Export prior year Calendar

Request the ability to export prior years calendar either to Excel or to current years calendar for editing since many school calendar events are similar from year to year.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a simple WYSIWYG editor for blog comments

Allow users that add comments to blogs the ability to add special text or emphasize comments (bold, italics, font size or colors)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base