Web Community Manager (Websites)

My suggestion is...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Annual recurring events should have option to select a specific DAY (i.e. 3rd Thursday) and not just the DATE of the month.

Our board meetings are always on the 3rd Thursday, since you don't have the option to set different locations on a monthly recurring event (also an error in programming!) I would like to set up my Jan meeting to occur at our middle school every year on the 3rd week. The only option that currently exists for annual events is to have them recur on the same DATE every year. This puts my 2020 Jan meeting on a Sat.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate ALL of Schedule Star Events Not Just Athletics

We use Schedule Star for ALL events not just athletics however only the athletic events currently integrate

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. iCal updates every (up to) 24 hours

In the ICal Feed instructions for a calendar, please include some language that the iCal feed in Google updates every (up to) 24 hours, and will not immediately appear in the Google iCal feed. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Google Calendar failure email

Is there a way to have linked Google Calendars send an email to site administrators if they fail to connect or update? I just hate it when I notice that calendars haven't been connecting for a month or more. I just can't check them daily - or weekly. . .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide a quick link to the calendar approval queue in Common Tools

Please provide a quick link to the calendar event queue - perhaps in the Common Tools for each school. That would save a lot of time clicking through the calendar to get to this feature. And provide more details in the calendar queue, like who submitted the calendar request. And, if there's a way for the calendar queue in the Common Tools to indicate (like with a number after it) how many approvals are needed -- that would be a quick visual to those who manage calendars that an approval is needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Calendar "Contact" and "Website" toggle off

When syncing a WCM Calendar to a Google Calendar, a link is posted in the Contact area that is not helpful to end-users who may not be members of the Google Calendar or associated Google Classroom. It would be nice to be able to toggle off that Contact content so as not to confuse and frustrate end users. The sync to those calendars is a wonderful thing!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Google Calendar Sync needs "Repair"

The two-way sync with a Google calendar is wonderful! Just what we needed. It does, however, seem to occasionally "break" and require a "repair" to correct. If it isn't possible to correct those breaks, it would be great to have some kind of flag to suggest that the sync isn't working properly.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. ability to group apps

Group a set of apps so they can easily be shared on multiple pages without having to individually add each app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow more ways to view the calendar on a homepage.

I would like to control size as well as how much of an event is actually seen without going into the event itself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to prioritize all day events. We use cycle days and I would like them listed first on any day.

Ability to prioritize all day events. We use cycle days and I would like them listed first on any day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Calendar event categories

We love the interface of the blackboard calendar, and the way you can filter it by category. We would like 2way synch with google calendar to carry category information. For example, all events from a given google calendar would come in to a blackboard with a category set. This way, folks can maintain google calendars that send categorized data to the website.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Calendar event categories

We love the interface of the blackboard calendar, and the way you can filter it by category. We would like 2way synch with google calendar to carry category information. For example, all events from a given google calendar would come in to a blackboard with a category set. This way, folks can maintain google calendars that send categorized data to the website.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add the Day of the Week To Info Displayed When Click On An Event

Can the Day of the Week be displayed with the information when you click on an individual event on the calendar? So instead of it simply saying, "June 18, 2018" can it say. "Monday, June 18, 2018"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow System Administrators to edit Calendar events

Please allow system administrators and District Level calendar administrator the ability to correct all events rather than having to figure out who entered the event and have them correct it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Restore Weekly View in Calendar App

The weekly view was removed from the public side of calendar app in the May 2018 product release. This was an essential part of my effort to keep school board members, district admin, and campus admin plus all secretaries informed of the weekly happenings.

Irionically, weekly view is an option in Site Manager.

I have no idea why this was removed other than support telling me: "Our Product Development team is always attempting to improve the user experience within all of our apps. They made the determination to remove that view based upon their own research and reasoning."

I would…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Calendar events should not render separately from a page's content

When a page is requested, the calendar events briefly render across the entire page before the remaining contents are displayed. This leads to an annoying user experience as visitors first see a collection of rectangles with the calendar events followed by the page re-building to show its full contents.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Calendar: Connect "Location" to a list of frequently-used locations

Please consider allowing us to create a 'minibase' with our frequently-used locations specifically for the Calendar? The Location option is a wonderful feature, but we find ourselves not using it because we have to type in the same information over and over and over . . . and over.

If we could simply select a location from a pre-populated list, we might use this tool more frequently. This is a feature that is included in many low-priced or free web calendar apps, and it should be a part of WCM. You already have a minibase app; connecting one to populate…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. RSS Feed as XML

RSS feeds should be available in XML so they more compatible with 3rd party applications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Calender User-Interface Enhancement

We are striving to push people primarily to the Calendar area of our website to learn about all educational opportunities available, but we need more visual cues to help with user-friendliness.

We would like to suggest the following:
    - Default calendar to the List view - Be able to see a full month within the List rather than weekly (we're going to encourage customizing their calendar view to see events most relevant to them and the weekly view will be annoying because they'll only see one, if that, per week)
    - Add a small thumbnail image next to the event…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Week view in District Calendar is not an option? Help!

Surely this was a mistake. There are buttons for Month and Day but no Week view. Many Parents and Faculty are requesting this. Please put Week as a view option.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base