Web Community Manager (Websites)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to add On-Screen Alerts at Sections (...and Channels)

would like to add On-Screen Alerts at Sections. I have a "Department" Channel w/ department webpages as Sections. My departments heads would like the ability to add On-Screen Alerts to their department webpages. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Section Workspace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Could the whiteboard in breakout groups please be available for the groups to present once breakout groups finish please. Students need to ?

Collaborate sessions;
    Could the whiteboard in breakout groups please be available for the groups to present once breakout groups finish please. Students need to present their group work to the main class,
    Collaborate needs to be able to support the theoretical frameworks and activities given in https://ako.ac.nz/assets/Knowledge-centre/COM-Co-operative-learning-made-easy/1cbbb19319/REPORT-Co-operative-learning-made-easy-A-practical-guide-to-working-with-tertiary-student-groups.pdf

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create New Pay Layouts

Please create new page layouts. It would be extremely helpful to have a few the following:

2:1:2 = 2 column, single column, 2 column
    3:1:3 = 3 column, single column, 3 column

There have been many times that we would like to place items in columns column followed by a full row of text and then another 3 set of items, but we are unable to do so unless we use tables. And the problem is, the tables lack formatting options.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Move Document Viewer download message to top of document

Please place the phrase & link "If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document," on the top of the document, not on the bottom. That way, when the document doesn't load, viewers will see the message immediately. When it is on the bottom, it is not as visible (viewers don't scroll down if the doc doesn't populate), and I get angry messages from viewers who think the link is broken.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove the "I" icon once a homepage alert notification has been read

Remove the "I" icon once a homepage alert notification has been read as many people are saying it makes the mobile version hard to read.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Staff Directory

For my school district's custom app located on our campus pages, would it be possible to do the following: when you type a few letters into the NAME cell, a dropdown menu would appear showing all the records that have the letters in the name. For example, if i started typing BR, Branstetter and Brown would appear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Message Option "Deliver to Parents of Students" should Include Students

When sending a message to a group of students, we can select "Deliver to parents of students" but then the message ONLY goes to the parents. If we want to send it to a group of students AND their parents, we have to either add all of the contacts individually or send two separate messages. The "Deliver to Parents of Students" option should allow us to INCLUDE the accompanying students as well if we'd like to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Friendly URL for Channel

We can create friendly url for the channel, but we cannot make it that "clicking on the channel" go directly to the friendly url. Please consider making this feature available. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel Workspace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Q&A

On the Q&A app for the pages, the answers are just automatically visible but we would like an option to where the questions are hidden and then you click the question to see the answers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make Shared Apps Available in Page Type Templates

Allow custom page types to be built containing shared apps so that new pages can be created faster with preloaded content &settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. for the Headlines app: I would like the Accent images to be clickable links!

PLEASE make the Accent Images in Headlines clickable---OR make the Vertical and Horizontal Icons Have a page attached (like the Headlines)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Headlines & Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. for the Headlines app: I would like the Accent images to be clickable links!

PLEASE make the Accent Images in Headlines clickable---OR make the Vertical and Horizontal Icons Have a page attached (like the Headlines)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Headlines & Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Calendar Integration with multiple 3rd party platforms

Through our conference, we are all forced to use RSchool Today. However, that calendar lacks the cleanness and functionality that the BB calendar provides. I would really like to see more ways to integrate a variety of calendars with BB.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Have someone from Blackboard monitor, comment and follow-up on User Voice Suggestions

About 4 years ago, I used to see comments albeit very rarely from Blackboard developers. We are still always told that this is the place to make suggestions for bug fixes and enhancements to products. However, I do not see any feedback or acknowledgement that anyone ever sees or is reading any of these. If someone enters an idea that everyone thinks would be a great idea, but is just not possible, it would be nice for someone at Blackboard to say that with an explanation why and close the idea. I never see any status changes of anything in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add SCAYT (Spell Check as you type) to Spell check in Content App

Content App is current using TinyMCE version 4.5.5-44 and also using webspellchecker.net for spell checking. Webspellchecker.net, now offers SCAYT for TinyMCE. Please implement this so spelling is checked as you type inline. Info can be found here:
    https://docs.webspellchecker.net/display/WebSpellCheckerServer500/Configuring+SCAYT+plugin+for+TinyMCE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Stafford PS App

The Stafford PS app for our school division has changed where the Events icon just goes to the division Web page that lists calendar events. It used to go to the app's calendar where a user could select which calendars to include. It was great because I could see our high school's calendar alongside the division calendar. I could also see our high school sporting events. The calendars are still syncing in ParentLink but there is no where to select those calendars from the app.

In addition, when you select the Directory icon in the Stafford PS app, and then…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Search Feature for restricted internal sites (Google blocked by login)

We're using a subsite for our Intranet (internal only to org users), requires login and therefore Google cannot index it. We need a tool to enable Staff to search the internal only site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make it possible to specify the number of minibase records to display using embed code parameter

Please make it possible to set a limit in minibase filter embed code for the number of minibase records displayed. (Though this can be done globally in the minibase itself, in some locations I want to display fewer records than the minibase settings -- like on a school's front page, for instance, where there's limited space.) In Twitter feed embed code, for example, they use: data-tweet-limit="2". Something like [$APP ID=40253 Limit="3" props="Field1:2019-2020; Field14:116; Field16:n;"$].

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Minibase  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Pre-Populate Content in Page Type/Section Configuration

We used to have the ability to pre-populate content when creating page types. I was recently trying to do so for our teachers for their schedules using the Table App but found that this function no longer exists.

This would be most helpful to our District as the more pre-populated features we can push out to staff, the more consistent the websites’ appearance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Section Configurations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. grid

It would be great to have an option for a grid layout and/or to be able to create custom page layouts. It gets really frustrating and time consuming to try to make a grid layout with how it's currently set up. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editor Layouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base