Web Community Manager (Websites)

My suggestion is...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mobile Website Editing

In most other web design platforms I've used, there's an option to edit the mobile layout separately from the web layout. This would be extremely useful in cases where the web to mobile automatic change doesn't make sense or look right.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editor Layouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Breadcrumb Navigation Leads to Redundancy

Our District is fairly small, so our site structure isn't overly complex. When you only have 1 page in a section it turns the breadcrumb navigation into a redundant, unreliable tool, with the current page occupying the last two links. There are two ways to solve this. Allow a homepage for a section, so I don't have to name a section that only has 1 page in it. Or allow some level of customization to the breadcrumb area. It's a confusing concept so if any clarity is needed, please let me know.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  End User  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. chat

Create a "Chat" app to provide a chat feature for site visitors to chat with internal employees.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow moving pages with nested pages underneath

The ability to move a page together with all its nested pages would be helpful. It is cumbersome to have to move all of the nested pages first, then the main page, then re-nest the pages, etc. This would allow for more flexibility in reorganizing a site.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Event Registration Cancellation

When a user needs to cancel a registration for an event, the two choices that appear are "Review" and "Cancel." In order to cancel the registration, the user must click on "cancel" which many users seem to think will cancel the process, not actually begin the unregistration process. Can you change "cancel" to "unregister?" This will make much more sense.

And then the question on the next page should be changed to because the question is "Do you want to cancel your registration?" and the two choices are "cancel" and "unregister." But if you use word "cancel" in the question,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Upcoming Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. accent image

Force users to set the width for their accent images in the Headlines and Feature app and also the Article Library app. like in the Photo Gallery app. This will make the accent images line up perfectly which displays better on the website.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Headlines & Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Remove ( ) around district name in automated emails

When a new user registers for a website account, they receive an automated email with the subject line "Welcome to the (Lincoln Public Schools) Website". Please remove the ( ) around district names. It does not give a good impression.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Remove ( ) around district name in automated emails

When a new user registers for a website account, they receive an automated email with the subject line "Welcome to the (Lincoln Public Schools) Website". Please remove the ( ) around district names. It does not give a good impression.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Staff Directory Sort

It would be great if we could arrange staff directory listings. I.e. I have a leadership staff directory that I'd like to sort by leader, i.e. Superintendent, Deputy Superintendent, etc.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. To have a subscribe button for newsletters

This would apply to the communication manager interface, but it would be great if there was a link or a button that we could share that would allow outside users to subscribe to our newsletters or school information much like they can already pick information on the mobile app for a particular school.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bb Universal Navigation Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Export to Excel

It would be SO helpful if you could export the results from a form/survey to an excel file. This way you could organize it and sort it so it's more functional. I am unable to open an SWV file.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forms & Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow for style changes on the filter name in a minibase

Currently, the filter name font is much smaller than the font size on my page. Page designs are more aesthetically pleasing when the page elements are consistent in size and style.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Co-taught classes to be populated in teach accounts

I'd like to find a way for co-taught classes to be populated into teachers' rosters. Or perhaps be able to manually enter emails.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  E-Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. School Directory Website Target

The School Directory app has a place for the website, but it opens the website in the same window when it should really open in a new window. I'd at least like the option to choose your target.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support Apple's requirements for uploading podcasts to iTunes from the Podcasts app

iTunes is arguably the most prevalent podcast platform. Since the podcast app supports RSS it would be great if it could be used to publish a podcast in iTunes! I ran our podcast's RSS feed through a Podcast Validator and it failed on some of Apple's requirements. Most of them could probably be handled from right in the app options page in the podcast app, such as providing artwork. It would be a huge benefit for your customers to be able to host iTunes podcasts right from within your platform! Podcast Validator (to test a feed and see what is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Podcasts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add security to email addresses beyond the obfuscate

Add captcha to the email submission hyperlinks to thwart phishing attempts. Also, display the email address as an image to prevent screen scraping or just show the envelope instead of the email address.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Select email addresses from Staff Directory

One of our users felt it would be helpful to be able to select a staffers email address while updating the Staff Directory. The way it works now, they have to manually copy and paste or type in email addresses, which could lead to errors. Request seems reasonable since we use Active Directory for accounts anyway.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Frequently Viewed Pages App

I would like to see an app that dynamically displays a top 10? list of pages that are most frequently viewed. It would need to be able to filter out the current page and incorporate some type of scoping mechanism (this section only, this site only, all sites and channels) . This would allow our sites to more dynamically adapt to changing needs throughout the year. (E.g bus routes and registration is more popular at the beginning of the year, graduation information at the end, etc.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Center Align Images in Content App

At this point, in order to center an image in the Content app, I was suggested to click "to the right of the image and then using the center align button". However, the common way to center an image is to select the image and click the 'Align Center' button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base