Web Community Manager (Websites)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display Site or Section in calendar views when filtering.

To quickly understand event relationships, display the Site or Section name in calendar views when filtering.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Directory Listing on Channel

Apparently it is coded into the product that when you reach 15 sections in a channel, it automatically displays as a directory. This is fine for a staff listing; however, it is not always want I want for other listings. This should be an option; not automatically happen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel Workspace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Digital signatures for Forms and Surveys

We'd like to see Forms and Surveys support a digital signature so that they could be used to submit forms that normally require a staff signature as validation.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forms & Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Different formats for photo galleries

Would like to have options for the way photo galleries look on the page. It would be nice to have some formatting options.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Photo Gallery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Default view of calendar

By default we would like the option that our site show all calendar events to a user and they can opt to remove sections/schools and or better documentation for the general end user to know how to work the filters. The calendar feature I think is great if you instruct your end users on how to locate and navigate the filters. It is not intuitive for basic users. Our BOE have gotten complaints from parents/community members that they could not find information on the calendar and once we explain how to use the filters they are fine, however the system…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Default Calendar Views

Allow section or site editors to set a default view for the calendar individually in each section.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Default Calendar Registration Layout

We are using a section calendar on our Intranet for registration of Professional Development Opportunities. Most of the registration information is the same for every entry, contact info, # of seats etc. as they are approved by a single office. The same attachments (Professional Development Pre-Approval forms) need to always be provided as well. It would be wonderful to be able to create templates for these entries and save hours of retyping the same info.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Custom Error Pages

Ability to customize "page not found" and/or other error pages to provide users with proactive assistance to find what they're looking for and troubleshoot browser issues. [ Inspired by an issue we're having with implementation -- many, many people in our communiy have old, cached pages on their computers and have no idea that we have launched a new Website or how to access it even though the URL has not changed. We'd like to customize the error pages -- even if it's just with a link -- to better inform folks of the new site and provide suggestions for…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Custom designed e-mail results for Forms and Surveys

Currently you cannot change how the e-mail message in Forms and Surveys looks

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forms & Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create a calendar feature that tracks room/resource useage

Can a feature be created that keeps track of rooms/resources to prevent overbooking. For example, rooms used when an event is posted to the distirct calendar?

Let's say on 05/19 at 2:00 PM Room 212 is used for a meeting. Is there a way for the calendar to "know" that and provide a flag / warning / overbooking notification?

Can a list / report that be available to print by date and/or by room? For example, all events taking place in Room 212 or the aud or conference room, etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Copy Highlighted Text From Page When Creating Link To File

When you attempt to create a link to a file, the text you highlight that you want to become the hyperlink is deleted if you do not re-type the text in to the "Link Text" box in Centricty. So you either have to remember to copy the text prior to begining the link to file process, or re-type it exactly in the field box and the original text is deleted and replaced with what you type. Can't Centricity automatically fill in the "Link Text" field with the highlighted text or not even ask for a link text field. It really…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flex Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Configure Centricity To Automatically Update Links To Files

If a file is moved from the root of a section's "Files and Folders" area to a subfolder, all the links to that file are broken have to be re-created. It would be great if Centricity could track those links and ask the user if he/she would like to update all links to the file when moved. Dreamweaver, FrontPage, etc. do this and I assumed Centricity did too, but I found out the hard way that it doesn't.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Files & Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Collaborative Scheduling Calendar

Create a calendar that teachers/parents can view and edit to schedule or reserve items. Someone previously requested something like this for a conferences, but how about reservation of a computer lab or mobile laptop carts that repeat every 1/2 hour throughout the school year. For our laptop carts, I'd like teachers to be able to view the schedule, know who currently has the carts, know where the carts need to go next, and be able to schedule their time with the carts. We tried using an imported registered events, but found that this wouldn't work because teachers could not view…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Click Event to View Details

At the top of the Calendar page, have a line that simply says, "Click on Event to View Complete Details." Please.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Channel Heading Link Behavior

Please change the channel heading link behavior to display a list of sections within that channel when clicked upon rather than navigating to the first section in the list. The current behavior is counterintuitive.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  End User  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Calendar Omit on Reocurrance

Would like to have an additional option setup on the Calendar page under the reoccurrance option. Would like to have the option added to have an event reoccur daily but to exclude weekends -Or- to have the ability to remove specific days when you have a reoccurrance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Calendar Import Change

While the calendar import feature is handy for our school district, we currently have 31 schools and while most follow the same school, we have at least one that is goes on a year round schedule with longer intermissions. Therefore my options are currently limited. I could either import the main District calendar and confuse parents on the one school that has a different calendar, or I could perform the monotonous task of importing the same calendar for 30 schools so that the one school can see its own.

It would be nice to be able to pick and choose…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Calendar for Registered Events- Conferences

In order to make scheduling of Parent Teacher Conferences (and other events) more efficient, my school district attempted using the Schoolwires calendar to tackle this monstrous task. In the past it has taken a clerk up to 400 hours of work to accomplish this, and with Schoolwires this task was successfully accomplished in a fraction of the time. Although I found it has a lot of potential for future use, it needs some minor changes that will make major improvements in the process. Basically what I did was I created 36 registered events for each high school teacher and batch…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Automtatic Movement from Headlines to News Archives

It would be nice to be able to move the headlines from the homepage into a News Archive page on the site somewhere. Right now, you can only copy and paste content into newly created pages. Would be cool to create an "archive" of accessible news items throughout the year.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Headlines & Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Auto-Compress Images Upon Upload

Centricity auto-compresses images when you insert an image and choose "Select Image from my Computer," but it doesn't auto-compress when you upload an image to a folder and choose "Select Image Already Uploaded to Site." Standard practice is to have an "images" folder. I teach my teachers to create an image folder, upload images to the folder, then insert images onto page from that folder. But if they upload a huge file, it stays huge. Please auto-compress all images of a certain size (500k?) or larger.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flex Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base