Web Community Manager (Websites)

My suggestion is...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Update Staff Directory from Active Directory

Create a tool that allows us to automatically update the Staff Directory from Active Directory.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automate Staff Directory from Integrated App data

Several requests here are for the ability to automatically update the Staff Directory from Active Directory or scheduled uploads. Customers with the Integrated App have already provided this data and the Staff Directory IS supposed to be live and dynamic in the App. So it seems possible that this data could be used to populate the Staff Directory in Web Community Manager.

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Rename APPS to something else

Please rename APPs to Modules, Templates or Containers. Apps to most of the public especially the non Tech savoy teachers is confusing. I am very knowledgeable in the tech world and its not the correct term in website design. http://www.dictionary.com/browse/app

Apps with in apps doesn't make sense. A module in a module, or Container in a container, templates with in templates all do.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make pressing return in directory initiate your search

In a staff directory, when I type a name my natural training tells me to just press return and that will yield my search results but it doesn't. You have to actually use your mouse to move over to the search button and press it to initiate the search. If you go to any site out there and type a search work and then return you get the results. The staff directory should work the same.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Global Staff Directory

Have a global staff directory app that we can link to separate pages based off a search. IE, math at the high school location. Then when we make changes to the global directory, it happens site wide so we don't need to create a new directory, upload pics, titles, etc, every time we build pages or departments.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create a passport for the "On-Screen Alerts" tool

Our emergency response team needs access to the "On-Screen Alerts" tool, but currently the only way to assign that access is by making them a site administrator. There needs to be an option to assign access to this tool through Passports. Allowing this would also resolve several other suggestions in this forum (I did not see any that proposed a passport).

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. filter

Please provide the ability to hit enter when submitting information into a search field. For example, when filtering for users, we type in our search criteria but cannot initiate the search without having to reach for the mouse and click the filter button. Hitting the enter key is much more efficient.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make Google Login more prominent on Login Page

Now that Google has a Single Sign you there should be a way to remove the Blackboard Login all together or move it to the bottom of the page.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Easier way to delete users

At the beginning of each school year I import the students for each of our programs. By the next year, some graduate, some return in a different program (which would change their role), some do not return. I know that I can undo the import, but I would find it much easier (and less scary) if in the Users pager, there was a checkbox next to each user where I could check more than one user at a time, then click Remove. (kind of like in my email - I can click a checkbox and delete, move, etc). It is…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow for the ability to restrict channel/section editors from assigning additional editors

One of the issues that we have is that our channel & section editors have the ability to assign additional editors for the pages that they have access to. We would prefer that editing privileges on the website be managed at the District-level, so we would prefer to have an option to only allow Site Directors to have the ability to do this.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Google Apps SAML Single Sign On Support

Please add support for Google Apps SAML Single Sign On. This is essential for Google Apps for Education domains.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Passport assignment

Only allow Site Directors to assign a passport above the level of Registered User, and make anyone who registers with a web site automatically be a "Registered User", rather than "Unassigned".
    Subsite Directors have to be able to manage users, which currently means they are able to assign passports.

I have had a couple of Subsite Directors accidentally assign a new user the Site Director passport. Not cool. It also means they could make themselves a Site Director, and then lock me out. Also not cool.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. users

It would be great to search for users by their email address and use that as their unique identifier as opposed to their user name. Now when searching for someone (or someone asks me to unsubscribe them), I need to download the users list and search for the email address to identify the user name.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Site Manager access review via User Workspace

Create a new user tab for Access. When you pull up a user you can check all the editing rights a user has on one screen instead of hunting and pecking each section. You would be able to cancel or revoke their editing rights for any section on this single tab.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. User password reset after first log-in.

We would like to be able to assign a generic password to new users, and then have the system require them to change it when they log-in for the first time.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Increased User Management and Monitoring

In addition to receiving locked out notifications, I think overall user account management would benefit from more monitoring. It would be nice to see "active users" (people currently logged in) and the amount of time Section Editors spend working on their sites. This could get labor-intensive, but having an area where we can see page edits and additions would be nice too so we can gauge how often sections are being updated.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow multiple e-mail addresses within a single user profile

Many of our registered users have multiple accounts because they want to receive e-mail notifications at more than one e-mail address. Most have a home and a business e-mail address. Some have more than 2. It would be useful to allow users to enter a primary and at least one alternate e-mail address. You could allow them to specify if they want e-Alerts sent to all addresses or just the primary address.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Let global admin lock out all content editors from being able to add new content editors

Need to be able to stop content editors from adding new content editors. Currently we are dealing with ADA OCR complaint and are required to have each content editor trained to properly create content acceptable for ADA compliance.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. User Profile Search and Sorting

Right now there is now way to sort the list of user accounts by any category, either by the last name, first name, email address, or last visit column headings or by roles or lock-out status.<br><br>In addition, the only way to search accounts is by last name. Being able to search by other fields, especially by email address, would be very useful. If additional search fields are added, please also add the ability to search the entire data field for the given search criteria, not just from the beginning (e.g. the ability to search all email addresses for a specific…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. section robot

I would like to have the ability to set viewers as well as editors when importing sections with the section robot.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base