Web Community Manager (Websites)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the ability to insert a table (like the table app w/ responsive design) into the content and blog post app from the WYSIWYG editor.

We would LOVE the ability to insert a responsive design table (like the functionality of the Table App) into the Content App and the Blog App in the WYSIWYG editor toolbar.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  App Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display captions in slideshows!

Please program the slideshow app to display the captions! We worked for hours on captioning, but you have to click on the tiny "i" in the upper left corner for it to display.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. add more fields to the staff directory app or allow schools to add fields

We would like to add staff title (Positon) and also teacher website link to the staff directory app

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. We need Search option choices in the Staff Directory App.

Is there a way for us to replace the “Location” sort option with a “Department” sort option? We have no use for sorting by location (we’re all in one location), but have a distinct desire to sort by department. Interestingly, there is a search by Department option when editing the app content, but not when the app is live online. thanks, Skip Lovelady Tamalpais Union HS District

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  App Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The announcement app should have the same capabilities as the headlines and features app

We would like to see more control in the announcements app with images and text. Really like how the headlines and features app works so we actually replaced on our district's front page - District Announcements to be headlines and features instead of the announcements apps - there is no control with spacing around an image. However, when I went to do the same thing at each school site, I realized that the Announcements app has the cute red title and "post-it note" look in white. I did not want to lose that, so I left it as the Announcement…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fix the way tables and layouts stack in mobile views.

If you look at http://www.lisd.net/Page/8506 and go from mobile to desktop width on the browser window, you will see that columns stack instead of rows. It is even worse in the Table App. I'm not sure why it works this way, as most websites would expect the columns to stack, then the rows. This would help in keeping leadership rankings in order and alphabetized lists.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Headlines & Features App

In the Headlines and Features App, please consider putting a save button at the top of sort box. For those with many news stories stored in the app, the Save button is a long ways from where you are most likely sorting. As a result, once you move a story up or down in the queue, you are more likely to to totally forget about the save because it is nowhere to be seen.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Easy selection to show header

Allow users to select to show the header on the page when you first add the content app (or other app) and add the title.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Accordion App to consolidate files

Accordion App to consolidate files. This will help prevent over crowding of a page.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  App Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a feature to "Copy an App".

It would be very helpful to "copy an app" when you want to create a new app (such as Content or Flex Editor) based on a current app. For example, I am revising an older web page with only one long flex editor app to contain multiple apps. I want to copy the original app because it is still active and visible to public.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Give option on table app to open link in same window, remove default open in new window

Currently when you insert a hyperlink in the table app, the link opens in a new window. It would be great to be able to control this and choose to either open in a new window or same window.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Free ALL apps

Users should be able to take existing apps and drop them into any section of the site WITHOUT the need to share it first. Reason: If an app originally developed for page A needs to be removed and moved to a new page, the user can not edit that app when working on the new page. Users are forced to back out to the 'Tools' tab and go through the App Manager which does not help efficiency.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Editing privileges for apps and pages

It would be useful if we could have a single page or app that was not editable for a section editor. For example, we want all of our teachers to have a certain page in their classroom section that is dedicated to a brief resume-like block of info. It would be nice if they were unable to edit this (for the sake of keeping a unified look across all the sections), but still able to freely manage the rest of their classroom section.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Transfer app to a page

Sometimes an app on a page gets too big to manage and I would like to just transfer the information to its own page. Currently I have to start over with the page and delete the current app.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Student Dropbox App

A student dropbox app available to teachers from their homepage would be beneficial to both students and teachers.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Simple quiz App designed for teachers to easily give simple quizes.

It would be nice for teachers to more easily give a quiz by simply adding a Quiz app to their page. Instead of creating a survey in the Forms & Surveys module. It is likely possible to use the Forms & Surveys on the back end to accomplish this but the Quiz App would have a simple interface and simply be added to the page and edited directly in the Manage Apps & Layout.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Using Tools, App Manager, then trying to review the apps to remove

It's very difficult to review the "Apps in Tools, App Manager", and go through any apps that "no one is using this app on a page." There's no way to preview what is on that app before I delete it. You can choose "Edit" but then you're taken completely out of the "Tools, App Manager" area and it's much too cumbersome to keep going back and forth just to look/preview what the app content is in order to clean up (and make sure you're selecting the proper file again in "Tools, App Manager". Please make this process easier.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. App Sharing

Setup the system to automatically list the User who created the app as a User who can Share the app.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow me to transfer assignments between assignment apps/classes

I want to be able to copy an assignment to a different class or assignment app.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Password protection for 'Shared Apps'

If the site director could password protect an App it would keep subsite directors from removing it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base