Web Community Manager (Websites)

My suggestion is...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "All Day" should not be the default time showing up for calendar events that do not have a specific time associated with them.

For example - if you wish to indicated that January 17 is an Early Dismissal Day, but do not wish to indicate on calendar interface a start time or an end time (because different buildings start and end as different times), it shows up as an All Day event. That is confusing for the end user. Exam Days for us are partial days, but with varying end times, which are clarified when the event is clicked on. But since we are not indicating a start or end time, on the calendar interface it shows up as an All Day event.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable Duplicate Event Function on Calendar

It would be helpful if you could 'duplicate' an event with a single button so that you could simply move the same event to another date.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple Google Calendar Integration

With the fast growing adoption of Google Classrooms and their subsequent connection to an individualized Google Calendar that contains all relevant assignments, the ability to connect more than one Google Calendar to a single SchoolWires calendar would enable teachers who might have multiple Google Classrooms (Various subjects, periods, etc...) to not have to create multiple SchoolWires calendars to display relevant information to their student population.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Redesign the new Calendar display to make improvements to functionality

There are two issues with the new calendar functionality update: color bars too small and selecting cal event details inconsistency
    The new display look and functionality for the calendar is causing a LOT of issues for end users. I understand the new look is designed to be a "clean" look for the purpose for ADA compatibility for contrast, which is perfectly fine and worked very well for that purpose, the issue is it went TOO far and took the functionality of the color categorizing away for the other 97% of users. (Roughly 3.1 - 3.3% of users have a either…

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Separate editing permissions between the Homepage and Calendar

I would like to see the option as to where someone can edit/add events to the homepage calendar, but not have editing permissions to the homepage.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Import ICS/iCal files into calendar

This is the most common interchange format for calendar data. Schoolwires calendar needs to support importing from an ICS file.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improve on Posting to Other Calendars

would like to encourage the design team to come up with a more efficient way to post to other calendars. Over the course of the year, we have about 800 sports events that need to be pushed to other calendars and the way that it is set up now is VERY cumbersome.

For example…Our soccer team wants to have a practice so they enter all of the information in on the soccer calendar. Then they have to follow this procedure to add it to three more calendars:
    Step 1 Post to Calendars tab
    Step 2 Click “Post to other calendars” …

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Give the ability to track where a calendar event originated from.

Scenario: Someone shares a calendar event with you to put on your calendar. You accept the calendar event. 3 weeks later you notice the calendar event is incorrect, but you can't change the event because it's locked for edits. The other user created the event and they are the owner, so no luck in editing the event.

I suggest you put a tooltip, or something of that nature, when you hover over that shared calendar event that appears on your calendar while you're in Site Manager. This will allow you to contact the originator of the event and have them…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Event Calendar

It would be so nice if the calendar did not default back to the present day. I don't know how many times I have been entering an event three months into the year and then realize it had defaulted back to the present day. If I'm entering events in May, it would be nice for the Calendar to stay in May and not take me all the way back to September.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow a Mini-Calendar App

To add a calendar app to a multi-app flex page, it is currently unusable at it's current size. I would like to see the ability to reduce the monthly calendar into a 3x3 or 4x4 square, depending upon the layout in order to see the calendar from the flex page.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like to see a recurring event option on the calendar that doesn't have to be sequential.

If you have several events during the year, it would be nice to be able to choose the dates so one doesn't have to type over and over the same event.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Google Calendar Sync needs "Repair"

The two-way sync with a Google calendar is wonderful! Just what we needed. It does, however, seem to occasionally "break" and require a "repair" to correct. If it isn't possible to correct those breaks, it would be great to have some kind of flag to suggest that the sync isn't working properly.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Calendar Import Fields: Add fields for full Location

We import our district calendar events, board of education meetings and all athletics events into the calendars, but unfortunately the calendar import does not allow for us to include the full information/address for the Location of the events. Please add Address, City, State and Zipcode fields as those that can be imported via an Excel .csv file.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. PUSHING calendar events to higher level calendars WITHOUT NEEDING APPROVAL

I should be able to give permission for CERTAIN users to be able to PUSH calendar events to higher level calendars WITHOUT WAITING FOR APPROVAL.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I suggest you make it possible to choose a calendar collection when doing a calendar import.

I use calendar imports extensively and want the ability to choose a calendar collection at the time of import. Having this feature would end my current practice of duplicate import uploads to both the district calendar and the individual school calendar and provide better customization for each school's calendar.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New Calendar view is not useful

I have received negative feedback from 3 schools in regards to the appearance, or change in appearance, of the Calendar. In the current view the color coded categorization shows up in as a tight band to the left of the event, which is fine, however displaying the time truncates the title of the event and scanning through the calendar to find a sought out item on the calendar quite burdensome and tedious. Can the title be displayed first? Or as a second option each event display in two lines - the top line being the time and 2nd line be…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add columns to the calendar import to allow full location details and map enabling

The calendar import can be a great time saver but it needs to allow me to import more fields. I'm an athletic director and manually enter all the winter, spring, fall, sports schedules onto the calendar with location addresses and enable the map feature. I want to use the import but I would have to import my file then go in and edit each calendar entry to add the rest of the location information and enable the map feature. That's a lot of extra work. I would like to include the following columns in my file - location street, city,…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Site Director & Adding Events to

When a Site Director adds an event to a section calendar and wants that event posted on the main District calendar, it should be an option to add it automatically. Having to navigate back to the event que and then approve it is a waste of time.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sync Microsoft 365 School simular to the Google Suite

Many schools are 365 Schools. I would be helpful if the the websites could collaborate/sync with those on-line applications. i.e. Calendar, One Drive and the such.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base