Web Community Manager (Websites)

My suggestion is...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Populate a mini-base via a Form

Have information collected via Forms and Surveys go directly into a Mini-Base. Currently we have to export the form data and then import it into the mini-base.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Minibase  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Editing Records in Minibases, taking you back where you were before editing record

From Director of Communication @ Birmingham City SD; I am in the middle of editing the minibase for the school directory. I am now on the second page. Whenever I edit one of the records and save it, the program goes back to the FIRST page of the minibase. It really should go back to the page that I was on previously. Having it go back to the first page adds two steps to the process of editing each and every record. Because there is no page selector at the top of the minibase page, I first have to scroll…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Minibase  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Include Drop-down Menu When Adding Minibase Records

When adding records to a Minibase database, like a staff directory, it is important that the data in the fields is consistent. Spaces or misspellings affect the way in which the end-user searches for information and the way in which the data is displayed and sorted. It would be good if a person entering a new record could select from data already entered in that field. That way, things like titles and categories could stay consistent.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Minibase  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Minibase default for search

When you do a custom search in minibase and you use the dropdown for the search it automatically displays Starts With. I suggest that we be given the choice for default to be Starts With or Contains. Or make the default Contains. The reason behind this request is that if a person is searching they are probably looking for a string within the search and not the exact beginning of the string. Most searches do not even have Starts With.

Thanks

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow Minibases to be responsive

I would love it for minibases layout to allow responsive design. Very difficult to use our staff directory minibase on a phone or tablet.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Minibase  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Free form searches from Minibases should default to "Contains" NOT "Starts With" -- just like Google and all search engines do.

Free form searches from Minibases should default to "Contains" NOT "Starts With" -- just like Google and all search engines do. (You don't have to type "The" or "A" before a search phrase in Google, for instance... and if you did, you wouldn't know which to do or when it's needed. "Contains" lets you search by any keyword.) This makes it really hard for people to use the minibase search feature, and makes it likely that they don't find what they're looking for.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Minibase  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. LDAP and MiniBase integration

Ability to be able to pull the items from Active Directory into a MiniBase. If I update the LDAP record, would be nice if it automatically updated the MiniBase (Staff Directory) instead of having to do double entry.

Submitted on behalf of Mad River Local Schools

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Include a Way to Move or Insert Fields in Minibase

Currently, it is not possible to simply add a new field between two existing fields in something like a directory in table view. If you want to add a new field, it has to appear as the last column, unless you create a custom view, which presents other issues. This seems like a fairly common task that should be simple to do. It would be nice if there were an "insert field" option or a "sort fields" option. I know you can define the way in which the records are sorted when an end-user performs a search, but that's a…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Minibase Keeps active filter when in site manager

When in the app manager for the mini-base. When I apply a filter for example we have department as a field, so when managing the mini-base we would like to edit multiple people in this department, so we filter it by department edit the first person and hit save... The mini-base than reverts back to before we filtered it, so now we have to apply the filter again and again...

We would like it if the mini-base kept its active filter until we told it not to... Sorta like excel.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a 'reset button' after displaying search result

I would like a 'new search' or 'reset' button after displaying results to a search request in a minibase so I can submit another request.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Minibase  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow connection to existing external databases for content retrieval

It would be helpful to be able to retrieve content from an existing database table (i.e. MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle etc.)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. At the Site Directory level, create a report that lists all minibases used on the site

Include the minibase ID number, Minibase title, channel, and section where it is used. It would also be nice to have the fields and the last updated date on the minibase field configuration and the id of the person who made the change. There is no easy way to get the ID number of a minibase so that it can be used on page.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add multiple table styles to the default table view for a minibase that the user can select.

Add multiple table styles to choose from for the default table view. Some users do not like the default table style of gray vs. white alternating rows and want a different look, but just need a basic table and don't want to spend the time to do a custom view.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow multiple custom views for one shared minibase

Allow multiple, different custom views in different workspaces and/or pages for ONE shared minibase. The current custom view does not allow the embedding of code using the Active Block toolbox. So, even though we want to have one common minibase and want to share it across different workspaces, we have to duplilcate the minibase just to create views that are specific to the minibase on a particular page or for a particular user group/role. We also can't program using if-then-else embed code statements based on the content of the data in specific fields or based on the role of the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Choose default filter option when choosing 'Free Form' with a Minibase

Currently the choice that appears by default when setting "Free Form" as filter type is not select-able.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Keep Minibase Search Filters Visible

When a website user searches a minibase, the filter/search fields disappear after the search results are shown. The search fields should remain visible after the search so that the user can perform another search without having to refresh the page.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Not display the entire minibase if the Free Form search box is empty

I am suggesting a simple checkbox (maybe adjacent to the Filter Type) that, if checked, would require a user to enter something in the Free Form search box. If the search box is left blank, then the user would get a message stating that a search term must be used.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. More than one Custom View for a Mini Base

It would be great if we could have multiple Custom Views from one Minibase
    Ex: a table view with 4 columns for the HS while the Elementary needs 6 columns of the data...or we'd like a list view for one school and block of text for another.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow social media and RSS options for minibases

Allow users to turn on social media settings such as RSS feeds for minibase apps.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Minibase: allow "exact match" in addition to "starts with" and "contains".

Allowing exact match will help us with uses of the minibase that are more security-sensitive, like students being able to look up their service hours and only see their own record because they can match the full ID number as opposed to a partial.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base