Web Community Manager (Websites)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Headline title should be able to link to a page within site

It would be great if users could click on the title and be taken to a page of the website. Rather than having to re-post the information into the headline body, you could just link to a page already created. For example, a reminder about student health requirements could be linked directly to the health requirements webpage.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Headlines & Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please let us see the source code in all the apps

The apps are not always particularly responsive, and frequently run afoul of web accessibility requirements. The Content app at least allows us to fix the clunky code generated by the app. It would be nice if we could have similar access in ALL the apps. The Table app is almost useless without that feature. I made one minor edit to a cell and now it no longer aligns. If I could see the code, I might be able to fix it.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. photo editing needed in Photo Gallery

Since the recent change in photo gallery, posting images and editing them to the right size is not possible within your sight. I require a third-party interface to edit the size of photos (915x1500) to match your requirements.
    If your interface is limited in the size of images we're supposed to upload, it would be extremely beneficial to the client to be able to at least crop or resize directly from the photo gallery app like we used to be able to.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Photo Gallery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "Select All" check box for downloading files in File Library

There should be an option to select all of the files in the file library so you're able to download them all for archival purposes. This would also be useful when deleting files or cleaning up the file library.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Desperately need a find and replace feature

We desperately need a find and replace in the site feature for text and other elements.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make Content App More User Friendly

Too much is needing to be done in HTML in the new Content App. We subscribe to a CMS for a reason. It takes too long to use HTML and not all of our webmasters have a lot of HTML experience. The new Content App is not user friendly at all. Also, please default to single space. I can't figure out how to make it single space at all. And all of our saved fonts are messed up.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Import iCal, RSS, or Google Calendars into Upcoming Events app

Many school districts have multiple calendars at each school. It would be helpful if the Upcoming Events app had an option to select a Schoolwires calendar, existing iCal, RSS, or Google Calendar to pull event info. It would be even better if it could pull info from multiple existing calendars.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Upcoming Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Import ICS/iCal files into calendar

This is the most common interchange format for calendar data. Schoolwires calendar needs to support importing from an ICS file.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Site Directory and Staff Directory apps: Option to hide search

Add an option to remove or hide the Search block from the new (3rd quarter 2015) Site Directory and Staff Directory apps.
    When the number of sites or staff that are displayed do not span multiple pages, the search function feels unnecessary.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Populate a mini-base via a Form

Have information collected via Forms and Surveys go directly into a Mini-Base. Currently we have to export the form data and then import it into the mini-base.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Minibase  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add the ability to add padding around images directly into the Content app

Include the ability to add padding around images directly into the Content app

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editor Layouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Editing Records in Minibases, taking you back where you were before editing record

From Director of Communication @ Birmingham City SD; I am in the middle of editing the minibase for the school directory. I am now on the second page. Whenever I edit one of the records and save it, the program goes back to the FIRST page of the minibase. It really should go back to the page that I was on previously. Having it go back to the first page adds two steps to the process of editing each and every record. Because there is no page selector at the top of the minibase page, I first have to scroll…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Minibase  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improve on Posting to Other Calendars

would like to encourage the design team to come up with a more efficient way to post to other calendars. Over the course of the year, we have about 800 sports events that need to be pushed to other calendars and the way that it is set up now is VERY cumbersome.

For example…Our soccer team wants to have a practice so they enter all of the information in on the soccer calendar. Then they have to follow this procedure to add it to three more calendars:
    Step 1 Post to Calendars tab
    Step 2 Click “Post to other calendars” …

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to remove the "Forgot Password" link from the sign in page for districts that use LDAP authentication.

Allow removal "Forgot Password" button from sign-in page. Our district uses LDAP for authentication and therefore do not allow a password reset from the staff sign-in page. Clicking the "Forgot Password" button gives a "Uh-Oh something went wrong. Please refresh and try again" error. This is confusing and misleading to our staff -- they can try again all day and never be able to accomplish a password reset. We find it VERY frustrating that customization is impossible and we can't believe we are the only district with this issue.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. add more fields to the staff directory app or allow schools to add fields

We would like to add staff title (Positon) and also teacher website link to the staff directory app

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Give the ability to track where a calendar event originated from.

Scenario: Someone shares a calendar event with you to put on your calendar. You accept the calendar event. 3 weeks later you notice the calendar event is incorrect, but you can't change the event because it's locked for edits. The other user created the event and they are the owner, so no luck in editing the event.

I suggest you put a tooltip, or something of that nature, when you hover over that shared calendar event that appears on your calendar while you're in Site Manager. This will allow you to contact the originator of the event and have them…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow files to be shared across sections. I

It's very inconvenient in an extremely large subsite that files can't be shared across the subsite. Now they either have to be available to the entire site which isn't feasible in an extremely large site like HISD. It would be nice that if an individual school could share it's icons and images across the subsite.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files & Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Event Calendar

It would be so nice if the calendar did not default back to the present day. I don't know how many times I have been entering an event three months into the year and then realize it had defaulted back to the present day. If I'm entering events in May, it would be nice for the Calendar to stay in May and not take me all the way back to September.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a Move button so that multiple files can be checked and then moved to a sub-folder

From the Top level, the current process requires:
    -- Clicking the Move button
    -- Clicking the drop down arrow in the "Move To:" box
    -- Clicking the drop down arrow beside Root Directory
    -- Clicking the Sub-folder
    -- Lastly - Clicking the "Move" button
    Five clicks to move one file at a time. Extremely tedious

Idea:
    Click the Checkbox beside the files to be moved then select the sub-folder.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)