Web Community Manager (Websites)

My suggestion is...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show original URL on error pages

Scenario: Someone runs across a dead, deactivated, or deleted page and contacts the school for help. You ask them to provide the URL to the page in question, and they send you this:

https://example.com/site/default.aspx?PageType=19
    or
    https://example.com/Errors/AccessDenied.aspx

There is no way to tell which URL is throwing an error because the platform redirects to these generic error message URLs. Trying to guide an end user to find out the ACTUAL URL is like pulling teeth.

On top of this, try typing a random string to get to page you know never existed. The system says "This page has moved", indicating that…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Turn off left navigation for one page in a section

Develop a way to allow the left navigation to be turned off for one page in a section. Currently you have to turn off the left nav for an entire section. I think this would be a nice feature that many would take advantage of.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Section Workspace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it so Schoolwires headlines post to Facebook with headline from the page

We would Schoolwires Facebook posts to work like most others sites that are posted on Facebook. Is there a way to have the headline of the story to appear correctly on Facebook and so that it also is a hyperlink to the actual full story? Also, so that the address below the headline reflects that it's from our main site address and not the full address of the actual story? Make it so that we can choose an image for the story on Facebook and not those Wingdings.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Social Components  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Warn Editors to Save their Work Before Navigating Away from the App they are editing

In C1 the system bugged you to save your work, even if you already saved. This annoyed people but was helpful. C2 doesn't warn you at all so it went from one extreme to the other. It would be nice if the software was smart enough to know if you already saved or not and only prompted you IF you have NOT yet saved. We are hearing of many editors loosing their work because they didn't realize they didn't save before navigating away from the app they are editing.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Section Workspace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow a Mini-Calendar App

To add a calendar app to a multi-app flex page, it is currently unusable at it's current size. I would like to see the ability to reduce the monthly calendar into a 3x3 or 4x4 square, depending upon the layout in order to see the calendar from the flex page.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make pressing return in directory initiate your search

In a staff directory, when I type a name my natural training tells me to just press return and that will yield my search results but it doesn't. You have to actually use your mouse to move over to the search button and press it to initiate the search. If you go to any site out there and type a search work and then return you get the results. The staff directory should work the same.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Alt Text for Global Icons

We currently are working on bringing our website up to ADA compliance. I've run into quite a few items that I can't fix because they are embedded within the system. I don't want to list all of them here but one that I was hoping could be fixed sooner than later is the Global Icons. It would be helpful if you could add a spot for ALT text.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Templates & Styler  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Page Options should include a Map to Friendly Web Address

Page Options should include a Map to Friendly Web Address instead of at the site level. Needs to be at the page level under options.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Friendly URL Enhancement

Friendly URL has a few issues. 1) There is no place to look at all friendly URLs for all sites. You have to query the database. 2) There is no wildcard support, IE if you want to use * or % for old mappings that might be /students/other and /students/test you cannot use /students/*
    3) This would also address that you have to create 2 mappings for Every URL to cover the forwardslash. IE website.com/student and website.com/student/ require 2 mappings even though it is the same page. Very frustrating.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve the table app for mobile devices

I was very disappointed when I saw how my tables (created through the table app) look on a mobile device! Because of the stacking, some of them didn't even make sense. Schoolwires promotes the use of the table app, but does not have a good way to make them responsive. Formatting is lost and the stacking does not make sense in many situations and does not look professional. One of my tables uses a total at the end, and because of the stacking, the headings are all listed for this record of the table, although there is no data in…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow hyperlinks for images in table app

I can only make text hyperlink in the table app. I would like to use images as hyperlinks in the table app. While I could do this in the flex editor, it is not responsive. In that manner, I could create a responsive grid of hyperlink images that is more visual than the normal quick links app.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Include Drop-down Menu When Adding Minibase Records

When adding records to a Minibase database, like a staff directory, it is important that the data in the fields is consistent. Spaces or misspellings affect the way in which the end-user searches for information and the way in which the data is displayed and sorted. It would be good if a person entering a new record could select from data already entered in that field. That way, things like titles and categories could stay consistent.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Minibase  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Force down announcements to school websites

Enable us to force down or duplicate announcements posted on the district website to all school websites.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Google Calendar Sync needs "Repair"

The two-way sync with a Google calendar is wonderful! Just what we needed. It does, however, seem to occasionally "break" and require a "repair" to correct. If it isn't possible to correct those breaks, it would be great to have some kind of flag to suggest that the sync isn't working properly.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Calendar Import Fields: Add fields for full Location

We import our district calendar events, board of education meetings and all athletics events into the calendars, but unfortunately the calendar import does not allow for us to include the full information/address for the Location of the events. Please add Address, City, State and Zipcode fields as those that can be imported via an Excel .csv file.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. slideshow

The large slideshow app is the centerpiece for all of our home pages. The robust editor that was connected to it at the time that we purchased our Blackboard system was a huge selling point to us. The new editor has no features and can not even resize a photo taken in portrait. Please replace the slideshow photo editor with something comparable to what it was.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Template Config Window is almost impossible to edit using a laptop or at certain screen resolutions

The form fields and area to edit, in the left column is so small and short that it is virtually impossible to edit on a laptop or a lower screen resolution. There should be a way to expand the editing area or pop it out so you can see and work in the config area on these smaller screen sizes.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Templates & Styler  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Content App

Allow the Content App to be single spaced. Currently it automatically elects to double spacing.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Page Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Have a Headline Title auto-generate a friendly URL

Is there a way to create a page title associated with these pages that visitors are directed to (and ideally do this programatically applicable across the site, while converting the URL to a friendly URL - i.e., in this example, it would become: http://www.wayzata.k12.mn/us/site/empty-bowls-draws-a-crowd)

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Headlines & Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Emulate a traditional directory structure for friendly -- or at least friendlier -- URLs

Friendly URLs as implemented in C2 only "work" when typed into a browser directly or are provided as a link. To be truly friendly, though, the friendly URL should appear whether folks arrive on a page via direct entry or clicking a link or site search or site navigation. Traditional Websites and many other content management systems do this.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  End User  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base