Web Community Manager (Websites)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. slideshow

The large slideshow app is the centerpiece for all of our home pages. The robust editor that was connected to it at the time that we purchased our Blackboard system was a huge selling point to us. The new editor has no features and can not even resize a photo taken in portrait. Please replace the slideshow photo editor with something comparable to what it was.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add 2 additional location fields to the staff directory

We have many staff members that split their day or week between multiple schools. With a Location 2 and Location 3 field in the staff directory. We can include staff members in multiple school staff directories and in the main directory if you search by location, the app would search all three fields for the location you choose.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sync Microsoft 365 School simular to the Google Suite

Many schools are 365 Schools. I would be helpful if the the websites could collaborate/sync with those on-line applications. i.e. Calendar, One Drive and the such.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Photo editing tools available for images

Have photo editing tools available for photos inserted directly into the flex editor. The only editing tools we have access to are in the photo gallery. If you only want a single image, you do not want to get involved in a photo gallery. Simple rotation tools, cropping, and maybe some color adjustments, at the very least

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flex Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Template Config Window is almost impossible to edit using a laptop or at certain screen resolutions

The form fields and area to edit, in the left column is so small and short that it is virtually impossible to edit on a laptop or a lower screen resolution. There should be a way to expand the editing area or pop it out so you can see and work in the config area on these smaller screen sizes.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Templates & Styler  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Content App

Allow the Content App to be single spaced. Currently it automatically elects to double spacing.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Page Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Emulate a traditional directory structure for friendly -- or at least friendlier -- URLs

Friendly URLs as implemented in C2 only "work" when typed into a browser directly or are provided as a link. To be truly friendly, though, the friendly URL should appear whether folks arrive on a page via direct entry or clicking a link or site search or site navigation. Traditional Websites and many other content management systems do this.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  End User  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I suggest you make it possible to choose a calendar collection when doing a calendar import.

I use calendar imports extensively and want the ability to choose a calendar collection at the time of import. Having this feature would end my current practice of duplicate import uploads to both the district calendar and the individual school calendar and provide better customization for each school's calendar.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create SchoolWires Apps to edit on iPads and Smart Phones

Schoolwires needs to create an application so website editors can use their iPads and Smart Phones to upload and edit their website.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Site Workspace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Full Screen Photo Gallery

Would like to see a button that makes the photo gallery fill the screen. Could be used as a substitute for PowerPoint.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Photo Gallery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. New Calendar view is not useful

I have received negative feedback from 3 schools in regards to the appearance, or change in appearance, of the Calendar. In the current view the color coded categorization shows up in as a tight band to the left of the event, which is fine, however displaying the time truncates the title of the event and scanning through the calendar to find a sought out item on the calendar quite burdensome and tedious. Can the title be displayed first? Or as a second option each event display in two lines - the top line being the time and 2nd line be…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Site-Wide Find Section or Find Page

Provide Site Directors with the ability to search site-wide by section or page name or ID. This would assist with internal trouble-shooting and support activities by making it easier to quickly locate a specific section or page. For example, sometimes end users accidentally move a section or page and forget where it's been moved to. Other times a subsite director might accidentally delete the editor associated with the section or ask for assistance with assigning a new editor. Being able to quickly search site-wide to find the content would reduce efforts in trying to track down what site > channel…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Site Workspace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Calendar Event Categories - Customize Calendar View

Currently all Calendar Event Categories show when a user customizes a calendar view. The list presented should only include those categories available on calendars to which the user has subscribed (selected)

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  End User  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The new Editor is horrible

The main way to stay in contact with my parents and students is through using our black board site. The old Flex Editor app was user friendly, offered advanced settings (I could open my paragraph in a new window and use whatever font I want, whatever color I wanted as well as advanced layout settings) Now I am limited to a few editing tools in the dashboard which makes my edited page look simple, boring and like it came from the year 2000. My students respond to current updated pages that they can relate to and are easy to read.…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flex Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Global Staff Directory

Have a global staff directory app that we can link to separate pages based off a search. IE, math at the high school location. Then when we make changes to the global directory, it happens site wide so we don't need to create a new directory, upload pics, titles, etc, every time we build pages or departments.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Responsive photo gallery & add gallery on content app

Can we please get responsive photo galleries and also be able to add a gallery directly from a content app?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Photo Gallery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A "Search" option that searches through ALL Files & Folders of every section of the website.

If I have a file name, I want to be able to search the Files & Folders for ALL sections of my website because I don't always know where the file is housed.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. allow photo gallery to use timed scheduling to publish

allow photo gallery to use timed scheduling to publish

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Automatic Nightly Upload to Staff Directory

We would like a tool that allows us to automatically upload our staff directory nightly so it is always current.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a "Purge All" option for the Staff Directory app.

Add a "Purge all" button to allow the option to upload a fresh staff directory each year if major changes take place.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base