Web Community Manager (Websites)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can you fix the Embedding options for Blog posts back to "Flex Editor" features?

When I embed a Tweet from my feed, it only shows up as a series of links, instead of the Twitter window. My school district uses the Schoolwires corporation to host our teacher Web pages. An example of one of my posts with the imperfect Twitter embed code is located here: http://www.svsd.net/site/Default.aspx?PageType=3&DomainID=361&PageID=2007&ViewID=dedccd34-7c24-4af2-812a-33c0075398bc&FlexDataID=30923

Actual example code:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Releasing a Monarch today! <a href="https://twitter.com/Seneca_Valley">@Seneca_Valley</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/ECE_Room_48">@ECE_Room_48</a> <a href="https://t.co/vir5eJ2bKc">https://t.co/vir5eJ2bKc</a></p>&mdash; Mr. Fogle (@fogleem) <a href="https://twitter.com/fogleem/status/643503288655216640">September 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

The exact same embed code works great in the <HTML> editor on Flex Pages, but not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. An alert/announcement that is set by the user on a page (for an update)

Not sure where this would go but let me explain how it would work. We have policy and regulations as a minibase on our district site. When an update is made to that site, we would like an announcement posted to the main page - the announcement would only post there for 2 weeks and then disappear. This isn't an e-alert that goes to an email, but an actual update/post. Option should be on the page we want to configure to turn on/off announcements when a posted update is made. Make sense?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The page names should display and not the number of the page or domain in the URL. Really confusing for end users

The page names should display and not the number of the page or domain in the URL. Really confusing for end users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please add a feature to Photo Gallery where you can re-adjust the dpi after you've set-up your gallery.

Let's say you don't know what a dpi is, or are the type of person that needs to see an image in place at a certain size before you can make a final decision. Currently you would need to delete the original photo gallery and upload a new one with a different size. This is something a teacher could do 2-3 times getting more annoyed each time. It would be helpful to adjust right within the app while you're working on it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a new report

Would like a new report showing users, by section, who are editors. For larger school districts - this would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Site Workspace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Automatic Blog Post Review Notification

Include a feature that allows for students to be automatically notified via email when their post has been approved or denied on the blogging page. It would be nice for students to receive a message of whether or not their post has been approved or denied, instead of the teacher having to approve or deny the post and then create a separate email to that student if their post has been denied. As a teacher, it would be so much more convenient if I could read their post, approve or deny the post, and then if the post is denied,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mini Base duplicate record option

Add option in the Mini Base list maintenance screen with a button or link on each row to duplicate that particular record. We have the maximum number of fields on our mini base and often only need to create one new record that has just one field that is different from an existing record. Having the ability to duplicate that record and then modify that duplicate record would make the process a lot easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Minibase  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Photo Gallery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Search Return Page Results

Instead of returning the app name on the SchoolWires search results, is it possible to return the Section Title with the Page Name?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Be able to link calendars when we import events - promote to district calendar automatically through bulk import.

We just recently started to use the import events feature; it is nice but we still have to manually promote events. It would be great to automate this as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Hierarchical grouping for groups...that way we could add a user to the lowest group & they would be placed in Higher Group automatically

I would like to see Hierarchical grouping for groups...that way we could add a user to the lowest group & they would be placed in a Higher Group/Groups automatically

Currently, one has to add a staff member to each group individually for all groups needed

Thanks and have a great day!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Group Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Have a feature on the Embed app that lets you limit the amount of comments that you can list on your webpage.

I hate to delete any comments made on our website, but I can't have the webpage scroll forever to see all of them. If I could limit the amount shown to say, 5 comments, then if a person wanted to read the previous comments, they could click on "more" underneath. Thoughts?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to create a drop box for documents or designate a special mailbox to submit documents.

It would be helpful to have a special address (url) or email to share with select audiences for document submission.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A way for the user to arrange the page so it is visually pleasing.

My content just shows up in one long list. I would rather be able to put each category into sections on the page so viewers don't have to scroll through the entire list to find what they want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A Flickr App

A native app that supports Flickr feeds based on specific tags within a specific user. The apps should be able to scale for adaptive templates and be created with HTML5 (not flash).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Social Components  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. change the file upload dialog box with the description box much smaller and on the bottom w/ file upload button & save button at top

change the file upload dialog box with the description box much smaller and on the bottom w/ file upload button & save button at top

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Tabs

I want tabs in Contents and Flex Apps work areas.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Calendar Title and Time Reversed

My personal preference would to switch the title and time for the events on the calendar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Lunch Menu App

Add the ability to sort records so the content can be recycled from month to month. It would also be good to have the ability to multi select records and delete in a batch instead of individually.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base