Web Community Manager (Websites)

My suggestion is...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add help text to the Smartphone Ap Header Image area that recommends the use of a PNG file

The upload tool in Centricity re-renders JPG format files in order to ensure image optimization. Because of this when you upload a header image the text and logo in that image may appear blurry. If a PNG formatted image is used the degradation of the header image will be prevented. Editors will not assume the file type is the problem and this may cause a lot of unneeded troubleshooting time and eventually the submission of a support case. A little help text to say PNG files are recommended would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back ability to limit section size

In C1 we could set a default section size limit and then manually manage sections as they reached that limit. We now have users uploading 800MB+ videos and filling up our web server.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Schedule Star

Add Event Title Field to calendar import from Schedule Star
    Some events need more information showing than the standard fields that are pulled. The Event Title field allows any extra information to be typed in and then included in the import process. To go in and manually add needed info is too time consuming, plus if you need to change something in Schedule Star and then import again, any manual changes will be lost.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When using "Find Page" Search feature you should be able to see nested pages

The "Find Page" search feature is really helpful when you work working with tons of pages in a single section, but I was kinda disappointed when I found out that it only showed you the page itself, I thought it would have shown me the page plus anything nested under it.

So my feature request would be to have the option when using "Find Page" to see nested pages of what you were searching for.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better view of Template Styles from within Flex Editor

As a user who can edit our custom templates, it would be really nice for styles that are NOT listed within the "EDITORSTYLES" group in the CSS Editor to still display as intended from within the Flex Editor. I have written code to control the look of certain page layouts that I've created, but they don't show up correctly from within the Flex Editor because I placed the style codes elsewhere in the CSS Editor so that they wouldn't show up in the list of pre-set styles that users could pick when editing their webpage. While I don't want users…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Templates & Styler  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. More editing ability for Wiki app

The new Wiki app is great, but I would love to see a more robust editor for users who contribute to the page via community editing. It would be great to have the ability to create ordered and unordered lists, add images, insert document links, etc. just like you can with the regular Flex editor.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Social Components  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Editing of Description and Attachments on Individual Recurring Events

After creating a recurring event, such as a monthly meeting, it would be nice to be able to edit the description for that specific instance and add any meeting attachments specific to that meeting. Currently you can only edit the date and time and nothing else.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. All assignments should appear by default.

From SW Support: "The Assignment App was designed to not display the Assignments until the day they are originally on" This does not make sense at all! The assignments should all appear until they are filtered.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Accounts

When a person makes a new account, can we restrict them from using a previously used email account if it is already assigned to another user. This would prevent people from making 4-5 accounts with the same email address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add text to instruct users to click on the map to get step by step directions

The submit button above the map of the destination does nothing but display a map for the location that is entered. Users want to be able to map out their route - step by step. There is nothing that indicates that they should click on the map to go out to google's site and map their actual route. Text needs to be added to let people know about the functionality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Maps & Directions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Security - SSL - Require https on specific site sections/pages

In order to create a true intranet, we want to apply SSL on specific channels, sections and/or pages, which would require user login, and user specified group membership. We want to specify which specific areas require https. We want all content displayed on these selected pages to require https for the display and/or transfer of protected pages/files. The sensitive data transfer would be encrypted. This would ForceSSL when needed and use http when not needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Security - Require user passwords be strong and at least 8 characters long

I was able to change one of my dummy/test userid account's passwords to a one character password. This ensures no security on that account. All user accounts should have strong passwords, especially if the account also has Passkeys. A user could hack into a weak account and the access other accounts thaty may have been set up using the Passkey function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sara Daniel at Arlington would like the ability to customize Restrict Formatting.

An example is to restrict what fonts my staff can use but not the font color.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forms & Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Access to more Current User's Fields

We like to use the User Code to store the Users Employee ID. We have always wanted to display this information to the user on many different pages but found in the "Toolbox/Active Block" section you are pretty limited in which fields you can use to display back to the user.

It would be nice to be able to display the Current User's User Code or their full address instead of just the zip code.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow other third-party alerts to be subscribed to for school safety

We use a county e-alert system at nixle.com to post lock-outs, etc. Every school in the county uses nixle. It would be great if parents could subscribe to this system directly through the third-party alerts under the "My Accounts - E-Alert settings" area. Currently, the only 3rd party alert is the Weather Channel. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  E-Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enhance Calendar Posting Email

The email notifications for posting to other calendars needs more information to be useful. Several of our users are suggesting that the Event Title be included in the notification to help determine what is being requested.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Modify the Passkey function to open the popup window with the menubar option set to YES

I think our users would want the menubar so that while they are in the new browser window (for the passkey site), they can perform all the browser functions that they normally would be able to do as if they had signed in to the site directly. The default is yes so I am wondering why it is turned off for passkey windows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PassKey Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Set viewers for multiple PassKeys at once

I would like to be able to select multiple PassKeys at once and set the viewers for all of them rather than having to go into each one individually to set the viewers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PassKey Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Calendar integration for athletic events with Digital Sports (Leagueminder)

Our athletic department is moving to a new provider for scheduling athletic events and creating calendars. Previously, we have used Schedule Star and that integrated seamlessly with Schoolwires but calendar integration is not supported with the new site. It would be nice if it would work like Schedule Star

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base