Web Community Manager (Websites)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Headlines & Features App - Add a "More..." link in the Teaser Text

Visitors may not realize they have to click on the headline or picture to view the entire news article in the Headlines & Features app. They may read the "Teaser Text" and think that's all the information there is. Adding a "More..." link and the end of the Teaser Text will prompt visitors to click and view the entire news article.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Headlines & Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Insert Table feature in Headlines & Features app

Add an Insert Table tool to the Headlines & Features app. Hope that is coming, since there is a new table editor when tables are inserted.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Headlines & Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Separate Headlines and Features Apps to Post to each other.

We have 20 school websites that each have their own News (Headlines and Features App) on their homepage. Each school is responsible for their own app. At the district level we also have a news section that we would like to be able to push out news to the other schools news sections. We had this setup as one shared app across all schools, but this does not allow the schools to post their own news, it all falls on the district to post ALL school news. My idea is to have a (master) headlines and features that can push…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make "nothing" happen when a channel is clicked with channel homepage turned off

When turning off a channel homepage, by default, when the channel is clicked it takes you to the first section in the channel. I think a lot of people see this as just a navigational menu, and if the homepage is turned off, then the default should be that when the channel itself is clicked, nothing at all should happen. You stay on the current page your on.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Channel Workspace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a date stamp to listing in the Headlines and Features App

Add a date stamp to the individual entries in the Headlines and Features App. News is customarily labeled with a date.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Headlines & Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adjust Images to Respond in Responsive Tempalates

Image dimensions (including those in Image Apps) are all pixel based. When viewed in our responsive template, these images often become too large for the design. To work around, I have to modify the HTML code for the image width to a percentage.

Would be nice to have an option to specify the width by percentage as well as the min-width and max-width to make the images responsive with the template.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Minimize Clicking, Maximize Efficiency

A quality of any good user interface is the ability to maximize user efficiency by minimizing the number of user actions to deliver a desired result. As such, many of us have found after using C2 for only a few days that the attempt to add features to the platform has overlooked and hindered usability and efficiency. While animated pop-up windows and sliding menus seem nice at first, they quickly detract from the user's experience.

For example, filtering through a list of users should be as simple as typing in search criteria in a form field at the top of…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Site Workspace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Font Sizes in the Editor

People seem to be more familiar with the fonts when they are displayed for choice in 'points'.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flex Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. File Library - Provide Formatiing/Display Options

The File library listings are the only section of our website that recieves criticism. They are a wonderful feature, and much easier to manage than creating flex pages with links, however, it is difficult for the users to figure out they actually have to click on the icon to downlaod the file. Here are my suggestions:1. Provide custom views where we can decide on the information that is displayed (title, description, icon, filename, filesize, etc...)2. Make the title, filename, filesize and Icon of the file a link to the file so users can "click" multiple places to download the file.3.…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Custom designed e-mail results for Forms and Surveys

Currently you cannot change how the e-mail message in Forms and Surveys looks

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forms & Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Assignment Page Order

The assignment page should order itself from most recent decsending in the past due column. Category should show on the calendar.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Document Viewer App - Move "Click Here" To Top of Page Where People Can See It

The Document viewer app often does not show up when you first open the page it is on. It often requires a refresh. But to add to this issue is that the note that says, "If you are having difficulty viewing this document....." is displayed about 2 screen lengths down the page, basically in a place where no one will see it. So a viewer coming to a page with a Document Viewer app on it will simply see a blank page and think that the page has not been populated.

My request is to please update the app by…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The new Ally feature, the large A and arrow is a bit obnoxious.

I love what you have done, but is there any chance you would consider reducing the size or standardize the position to either the beginning or end of a website post. It really effects the way the material on the website is seen, and quite frankly is looks awful.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ally  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Calendar

Before the software update, I could enter an event that would have various start times and thus, not put in a start time and it would just show the event. Now, if I don't put in a start time, it puts "All Day" in front of the event even though it isn't an all day event. I tried to put the starting time in of 10:55 for half day dismissal and it appears as 10 AM so my only option is to have it say "All Day" in front of Half Day School and our 2 Hour Early Release Days.…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Content Editor Add schools primary, secondary and accent colors to color options

It would be really useful it sites could specify up to three colors that will show up under the content editors text colors. Basically you currently only allow a select few colors, but there is no guarantee that these colors are going to be colors the school is using.

This would allow teachers and other staff members to use the school's colors when styling their content.

Yes I know you can use the template styles area but that isn't as intuitive as the color picker.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enhance Insert Photo tool within Headlines & Features

1. Add ability to add a caption/photo credit while inserting.

2. Add layout options for more than one photo.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Headlines & Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Photo Gallery Centering

Sometime I cannot center align a Photo Gallery using the center align button. Perhaps adding an alignment option in Photo Gallery Options would help. Thanks!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Photo Gallery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a dateline

There should be a checkbox in Options to show the date each news item was posted, and it should show up under the headline so viewers see when it was posted.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Headlines & Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create a passport for the "On-Screen Alerts" tool

Our emergency response team needs access to the "On-Screen Alerts" tool, but currently the only way to assign that access is by making them a site administrator. There needs to be an option to assign access to this tool through Passports. Allowing this would also resolve several other suggestions in this forum (I did not see any that proposed a passport).

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. You need to add in the option to do random occurrences in the calendar app.

Need the option to post misc things as re occurrence but they are not in a uniform patter they happen randomly every month. The current format does not allow for this it would have to be like the third Thursday every month. This is something that we had with Edline and School Center CMS systems and it allowed me to save a lot of time. I really need this feature can someone please escalate this issue. Thanks, Eric Kulick with the Elizabeth Public Schools.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 73 74
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base