Web Community Manager (Websites)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Full Page view doesn't work on MacBook Pro

I use a MacBook Pro to edit my website. When I am creating a html broadcast e-alert using Chrome or Safari, if I change to full page view the top level tool bar disappears as well as the Save button on the bottom. I can't change back to the partial page view. So I basically can't save the changes I make.

West University Elementary
    HISD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  E-Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Session cookies / Tokens

I would like to use session cookies or tokens (expiring upon use) so that I can limit student access to one view on a specific webpage. Is that possible under the current system?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Premium Video App is totally disappointing

Premium Video App is not great. Totally disappointed. Thought I would be able to feature video on my front page and its only thumbnail with description.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Photogallery App available for Blog Post

Allow the photo gallery app to be used in the blog app. We used to have this capability and now it is no longer available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Photo Gallery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add XML Imports to Calendar

We create reservations for our rooms in a system that allows for xml exports. We would like to be able to import directly from the xml feed to avoid duplication of effort.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Moderated Users List

Currently, the list of Moderated Users is not in any particular order with only 6 names to a page and no download/manage option, making it difficult to manage the group. We use this feature for student webmasters for our clubs. The students change every year, so it is important to keep the list up to date.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Content Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can you fix the Embedding options for Blog posts back to "Flex Editor" features?

When I embed a Tweet from my feed, it only shows up as a series of links, instead of the Twitter window. My school district uses the Schoolwires corporation to host our teacher Web pages. An example of one of my posts with the imperfect Twitter embed code is located here: http://www.svsd.net/site/Default.aspx?PageType=3&DomainID=361&PageID=2007&ViewID=dedccd34-7c24-4af2-812a-33c0075398bc&FlexDataID=30923

Actual example code:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Releasing a Monarch today! <a href="https://twitter.com/SenecaValley">@SenecaValley</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/ECERoom48">@ECERoom48</a> <a href="https://t.co/vir5eJ2bKc">https://t.co/vir5eJ2bKc</a></p>&mdash; Mr. Fogle (@fogleem) <a href="https://twitter.com/fogleem/status/643503288655216640">September 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

The exact same embed code works great in the <HTML> editor…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. An alert/announcement that is set by the user on a page (for an update)

Not sure where this would go but let me explain how it would work. We have policy and regulations as a minibase on our district site. When an update is made to that site, we would like an announcement posted to the main page - the announcement would only post there for 2 weeks and then disappear. This isn't an e-alert that goes to an email, but an actual update/post. Option should be on the page we want to configure to turn on/off announcements when a posted update is made. Make sense?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The page names should display and not the number of the page or domain in the URL. Really confusing for end users

The page names should display and not the number of the page or domain in the URL. Really confusing for end users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please add a feature to Photo Gallery where you can re-adjust the dpi after you've set-up your gallery.

Let's say you don't know what a dpi is, or are the type of person that needs to see an image in place at a certain size before you can make a final decision. Currently you would need to delete the original photo gallery and upload a new one with a different size. This is something a teacher could do 2-3 times getting more annoyed each time. It would be helpful to adjust right within the app while you're working on it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a new report

Would like a new report showing users, by section, who are editors. For larger school districts - this would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Site Workspace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Automatic Blog Post Review Notification

Include a feature that allows for students to be automatically notified via email when their post has been approved or denied on the blogging page. It would be nice for students to receive a message of whether or not their post has been approved or denied, instead of the teacher having to approve or deny the post and then create a separate email to that student if their post has been denied. As a teacher, it would be so much more convenient if I could read their post, approve or deny the post, and then if the post is denied,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Photo Gallery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Search Return Page Results

Instead of returning the app name on the SchoolWires search results, is it possible to return the Section Title with the Page Name?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Be able to link calendars when we import events - promote to district calendar automatically through bulk import.

We just recently started to use the import events feature; it is nice but we still have to manually promote events. It would be great to automate this as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hierarchical grouping for groups...that way we could add a user to the lowest group & they would be placed in Higher Group automatically

I would like to see Hierarchical grouping for groups...that way we could add a user to the lowest group & they would be placed in a Higher Group/Groups automatically

Currently, one has to add a staff member to each group individually for all groups needed

Thanks and have a great day!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Group Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Have a feature on the Embed app that lets you limit the amount of comments that you can list on your webpage.

I hate to delete any comments made on our website, but I can't have the webpage scroll forever to see all of them. If I could limit the amount shown to say, 5 comments, then if a person wanted to read the previous comments, they could click on "more" underneath. Thoughts?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to create a drop box for documents or designate a special mailbox to submit documents.

It would be helpful to have a special address (url) or email to share with select audiences for document submission.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A way for the user to arrange the page so it is visually pleasing.

My content just shows up in one long list. I would rather be able to put each category into sections on the page so viewers don't have to scroll through the entire list to find what they want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base