My suggestion is...

Multiple Google Calendar Integration

With the fast growing adoption of Google Classrooms and their subsequent connection to an individualized Google Calendar that contains all relevant assignments, the ability to connect more than one Google Calendar to a single SchoolWires calendar would enable teachers who might have multiple Google Classrooms (Various subjects, periods, etc...) to not have to create multiple SchoolWires calendars to display relevant information to their student population.

33 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Evan OBranovic shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sandy Cramer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We work around it now by using Google to combine the calendars, then post that combined calendar. It works. However, it would be better if it worked with Blackboard's calendar, since the multiposting to other BB calendars is what makes the SchoolWires calendar an asset.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I heavily agree with this request. It has become essential to display data from multiple calendars, to the point that we have to stop using the calendar app at various locations due to the lack of multiple google calendar integration.

• Ryan Webber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our district would very much like to be using WCM's calendar app, but we are limited by Google Calendar Integration as well. On our district homepage, https://www.falmouth.k12.ma.us we have several calendars (individual school, district, academic, and holiday calendars) that are combined. We have needed to use Google's embedded calendar instead for this reason. This is also the case at the school level where the school calendars are combined with the holiday and academic calendars. We also use these Google calendars internally, so switching solely to the WCM app is not an option. Could the option to one-way sync allow for multiple calendars to be added?

• Keith M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is ABSOLUTELY essential. We're having to ignore the functionality we paid for because the current implementation of the WCM Calendar tools (both Calendar & Upcoming Events) are limited.

It is a common, and widely adopted, practice that the district manages a calendar with universal events for the district (quarters, semesters, early release dates, holidays, weather related delays/date adjustments) and schools maintain a calendar that solely pertains to the events at their school.

The current setup (1 calendar embed and then only 1 calendar can be linked) flies in the face of the realities of what customers are actually doing.

• Sarah Ancell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with this suggestion and have had to embed a Google calendar with two calendar feeds on this site: https://www.lubbockisd.org/chs since Schoolwires is unable to sync with more than one Google calendar feed. As you can see, it looks rather amateurish and ugly. :) Sure do wish I could have the Schoolwires calendar there instead. Thank you, Sarah Ancell Lubbock ISD

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suggest that the calendar app allows multiple calendars to one-way sync to it.

YES, and embedding doesn't work if you want to include your events in the announcements app. We also want to include our PTO Calendar in the school's calendar and vice versa so importing is not an option--you get duplicate events. We have to show two calendars on a page which doesn't display all that great and two sets of announcements.

Agreed! We have 8 different calendars kept by our schools, PTAs etc. and I have to used embedded Google calendars across the district websites because of the need to have more than one calendar feed. The integration would be great if you could have multiple feeds, but as is it is unusable.

Yes, I would be interested in this as well. We currently use embedded Google calendars across the site because of this limitation - if you could have unlimited amounts of feeds, this integration would be much more useful.

Feedback and Knowledge Base