My suggestion is...

When putting a link on a page, the diaglog box does not give the editor easy access to both the on screen tex and the actual URL that it is

When editing a link on a page, the dialog box does not give the editor easy access to both the "Text to display" and the actual URL address that it is pointing to. The content App and Flex Editor should use a consistent dialog interface that allows the user to easily edit both on the same screen. Currently a user can edit the URL in the dialog box, but then has to drop back out to the flex box to edit the on-screen text if they need it different. It's annoying and causes major headaches and errors when the users update the onscreen text and believe the URL changed also.
My Web designer people get this and just deal with the issue despite the irritation of the illogical separation, but my regular users without web experience and are more proficient with things like word are completely lost and don't understand the process at all, so I have to teach them to edit the URL links in two different screens.
Now the system does handle the URL linking pretty well if they simply want the text to be the link itself, but when they want the text to say one thing and the URL another, it's too difficult for the lay person to understand.

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Scott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)