My suggestion is...

A way to track when and by whom changes are made to the website

As a system that encourages multiple users - there should be a way to tell when a change was made to any page and by whom.

55 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Denise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Last Modified report is huge when you are working with larger school districts with many schools. Wouldn't it make more sense to just put this information with each page. For some reason date stamps throughout the site - for example, a date stamp on a news item seems to only make sense to me, but there is none.

• Curtis Nelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The report supplied with the system shows you the title of the page... We need it to list the URL... So, we can get to it quickly and easily...

• Suzanne Andersen, webmaster www.LTHS.net commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, it's not usually the last change we want to see. What happens is if something is put up in error, I will Inactivate the page/headline, which then registers as the "last edit."

In google docs, it shows you not only the date of the last 50+ change, but also what was changed.

• Holly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When using Site Manager, you can use the Last Modified report at the site or subsite workspaces to export a spreadsheet of who was the last person to edit all of the pages for a specific site and when the update happened.

Feedback and Knowledge Base