My suggestion is...

Staff Directory App needs more options

The Staff Directory app could help with the addition of these options:

1. Ability to hide the search function.
2. Custom sort - sometimes the department head needs to be first in the list.
3. Make it filterable, so you don't need to maintain multiple directories (like the minibase)

56 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

LISD Website shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ryan B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FYI, we were able to accomplish much of this with a heavily customized minibase app. We currently have separate minibases at each school and the district. However, they could be combined.

Here is an example of the master searchable directory at the school level:
    https://www.manateeschools.net/domain/3388

And the same minibase on a department page (filtered and non-searchable):
    https://www.manateeschools.net/Page/7008

It is filtered by department name, so when a new teacher is added to the master minibase with the department field set to Language Arts, they also appear on this page.

The directory is mobile responsive and also has a print view for those who like to have a hard copy.

It would be nice to see this functionality a little more baked-in to the system but it is possible.

What would make this even better is the ability to pull this data straight from Active Directory. However there is no reason you couldn't export a csv from AD and import it in for the initial data upload. Day-to-day changes are super easy to make using the minibase.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES, we need the ability to hide the search (i.e. in cases where there are only a few key staff listed).

I want to list my staff directory in seniority order instead of ascending order by last name.

Also, I would like the option of using the staff directory app without the search function that appears at the top.

We have to be able to custom sort. It's ridiculous not to have the ability to alphabetize. Also, make it where you can filter it. It doesn't do you any good unless you know the person's exact name.

• Nick - www.lisd.net commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

4. The ability to have multiple directories on a single page, so that they can have different titles.

This doesn't work currently, because when the "hide directory search" code is added to the page, it messes multiple directories up.

WHY? Because on some pages you need to break the staff up (teachers/aides, directors/secretaries, etc)

Feedback and Knowledge Base