My suggestion is...

Make "nothing" happen when a channel is clicked with channel homepage turned off

When turning off a channel homepage, by default, when the channel is clicked it takes you to the first section in the channel. I think a lot of people see this as just a navigational menu, and if the homepage is turned off, then the default should be that when the channel itself is clicked, nothing at all should happen. You stay on the current page your on.

12 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Scott Huff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brian Yoder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are having the same concern. Just an idea, but look at the adobe site, https://www.adobe.com/, and look at their channels. When hovering, a small arrow pops up and when clicked the drop-down menu appears. At the top of the list is an inactive title describing the links, but the Channel name itself, does not go anywhere.

• Mallory Bonbright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I third that! The biggest complaint our users have is that when they click on the channel, it takes them to the first section and they can't see the channel directory, rather they see the first section's directory. They don't understand that they need to hover and select their section first. Very confusing.

• Trey Cates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, or give the option to go to the directory for that channel when the channel name is clicked. Going to the first section is confusing for website guests.

Feedback and Knowledge Base