My suggestion is...

File Library - Provide Formatiing/Display Options

The File library listings are the only section of our website that recieves criticism. They are a wonderful feature, and much easier to manage than creating flex pages with links, however, it is difficult for the users to figure out they actually have to click on the icon to downlaod the file. Here are my suggestions:

1. Provide custom views where we can decide on the information that is displayed (title, description, icon, filename, filesize, etc...)

2. Make the title, filename, filesize and Icon of the file a link to the file so users can "click" multiple places to download the file.

3. Provide a larger icon size, and a view that displays just the icon and file title next to each other (and have both items link to the file)

4. Provide the ability to add a seperator line between files.

12 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminBlackboard CE Product Management (Admin, Blackboard) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I especially like the idea of being able to customize what information is displayed. It seems silly to have a title and then having a file name that's nearly the same thing right beneath it. Or, worse, if the document time is something like FORM_RV12_SPED_OTC2_copy.copy.copy.pdf.

Feedback and Knowledge Base