My suggestion is...

Headlines & Features app redirect

I'm currently using some code to make headlines redirect to a specific page on my website. I'd like the app to include this feature to make it easier to manage

32 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eric shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mary LaPak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been an issue for us as well. Please make this easier in the app to link to another page on the website.

• Victor Bushfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was using a script to do something similar. Our server was updated to 2.19 last week and since then I've had problems with the code. The code continues to work on pages that already had it in place. But now when I put the code on new pages and hit save then the system erases all of the code and won't save it. So I no longer have a work around to forward headlines. Here is the code I was using.

<SCRIPT language="javascript">
    location.replace ( "http://www.pearlandisd.org/Page/2076&quot; );
    </SCRIPT>

• Scott Huff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have recently had users in several different browsers, operating systems and versions of both, having problems with the code not executing. It simply takes them to a blank headline body page and does not forward. I'm sure contacting support would not help because this is one of those ghost in the machine things where there is no pattern, nor rhyme or reason why this is happening except to say "You get what you get if using a hack to get around functionality that is not yet available".

I have stopped using this code, because I need every person, every time regardless of what they are using to access the information to get the information.

I think its time to implement this for real in site manager via the interface.

• Scott Huff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone know if you can open the link in a new window? (I tryed all the usual workarounds to make this happen (adding "target=_blank" etc. )

Also can you redirect to an external website or does this just work within your site/subsites? (it does work for internal pdf docs as well)

Feedback and Knowledge Base