My suggestion is...

The ability to push information to specific apps on specific sites

It would be great if you could have an app that would give you the ability to force something to specific apps in subsite, or be able to choose which sites would get the info.

Example

All of our school site have a multimedia rotator on them, currently to add something to that we have to touch each individual subsite (approx. 230 subsites) If we had a a central app where we could upload a photo and information and then push it out to all those sites or a selection of them it would be awesome. This could also work for announcement, headlines and features, etc. Mainly we are focusing on home page type content, not subpages per se.

7 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brian Reed shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brian Reed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To further clarify, I thing a model similar to the calendar collections would be a place to start. The logic would take some work, as you would have to have a collection and then tie that collection to a specific app that would have to be present on all pages, or at least an area on a page. May be a block that could be set to display whatever type of app is used, I have seen this similar model in other CMS types.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I heartily endorse this! I love the autonomy that subsides allow, but when you have something that the entire District needs to know about, it would save a huge amount of time and resources if we could push things out across the board.

I realize that it would be a pretty complex process to implement, but I believe it would be a feature that could set the WCM apart from it's competition.

Feedback and Knowledge Base