My suggestion is...

Automate Staff Directory from Integrated App data

Several requests here are for the ability to automatically update the Staff Directory from Active Directory or scheduled uploads. Customers with the Integrated App have already provided this data and the Staff Directory IS supposed to be live and dynamic in the App. So it seems possible that this data could be used to populate the Staff Directory in Web Community Manager.

89 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SSO Google authentication would be great and/or the ability to drop a csv file into an SFTP directory.

• Darrin King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, managing the staff directory from one data source would be FANTASTIC. It would be great if we could have one directory app for all sites and then have the ability to set a starting filter on the app at each school to limit the records to just that location.

• Samuel Alaniz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I came here to request something like this, I currently have multiple staff directories that I have to keep updates, would be nice to be able to share these from one centralized location and then "filter" out on the shared app much like we do with tagging on other apps.

• Scott Huff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not everyone is using LDAP, so I would suggest making these staff data databases all able to integrate together whether using LDAP to import the data or manually uploading the directory information.

I would also suggest making it so you can choose which product to update the data in (Web Community Manager or Bb Comms)

Just so we don't have to keep updating two or three different databases whenever there is a change in a staff members record.

• AdminBlackboard CE Product Management (Admin, Blackboard) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Understood, thank you for sharing this feedback. No need to poke out your eyeballs. This is a logical next step as we work to leverage capabilities across the Blackboard Community Engagement products. I'm going to merge this idea to add support for the request to leverage the parentlink app directory data: https://blackboardce.uservoice.com/forums/114199-web-community-manager/suggestions/19659100-automate-staff-directory-from-integrated-app-data

Please make it possible to automate minibase or staff directory additions/subtractions using LDAP. Doing them manually or by spreadsheet makes me want to poke out my eyeballs. Also, if the directory could connect to the parentlink app directory, that would be gravy so I don't have to manually updated two directories. Love the products! (but I do die inside a little bit every time I have to update these items because they are constant.) Thank you!

YES! I'm so glad to know other districts are needing this option as well. We spend so much time 'hand-entering' directory information ... there has to be a way to auto-populate our online directory as well.

• Tim Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Surely an issue of two different products from two previous companies not designed to talk to each other, but this change needs to happen. As one who is working to launch the app currently, I assumed this is what was happening and am frustrated that it isn't the case.

• Nabil Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES, this is a no brainer, you can do this with the app why can't you do it with the website? Having to update an entire district directory manually every time there is a change is archaic.

Feedback and Knowledge Base