My suggestion is...

Bring back the flex editor!

When I read the release notes, I noticed that some editor apps would be "upgraded to their modern counterparts." It did not read "we are removing the flex editor app and taking you back to the dysfunctional content app and not providing any of the modern features." I am trying to add a link to a survey I created, and there used to be a button at the top to do just that. Now, I have to go in and view the survey, copy the link, and then add a link in the content app. I am also struggling with simple tasks such as editing text to make it do what I want it to do. Please make this better!!

42 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Peter Elsesser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fonts should be set in stone at the template level. When working with content, best practice is not to specify font sizes, names and colors. You should be defining semantic headings and emphasis on text, not the minutiae of font specs.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I struggle to make the fonts look uniform. I liked to specify font by name, numbered size, named color.

I agree!

We are also struggling with all the same issues mentioned in the previous comments.

I have very frustrated users who want to be able to work with their content the way they did before you made all these changes to the editing tools. Why was the decision made to limit the editing tools in the first place?

Please respond

We are extremely frustrated with the ability to edit text. Now when we make additions to a page, the old part of the text may be in a different font (or even color). We have no ability to make the new text match and we have no way to change the old font without retyping the old text resulting in mismatched fonts on our pages. The color options do not match colors that go with our school colors or with the colors we chose when we set up our website. Any new items (usually links) we wish to make colored text no longer match the colors of our previous links (basic blue). At this point I am ready to look at other website options.

• Nick - www.lisd.net commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A true modern Flex Editor would've been nice. You could get rid of a lot of apps by having one modern Flex Editor. Maybe it could be rights based - only given to those with knowledge of how to use it well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base