My suggestion is...

Minimize Clicking, Maximize Efficiency

A quality of any good user interface is the ability to maximize user efficiency by minimizing the number of user actions to deliver a desired result. As such, many of us have found after using C2 for only a few days that the attempt to add features to the platform has overlooked and hindered usability and efficiency. While animated pop-up windows and sliding menus seem nice at first, they quickly detract from the user's experience.

For example, filtering through a list of users should be as simple as typing in search criteria in a form field at the top of the page and hitting the enter key (essentially how C1 was set up). In stark contrast, C2 slows the process by forcing the user to click on a "Filter Users" button, wait for a pop-up box to slide into view, type in criteria, then click on the "Filter" button because hitting the enter key doesn't work. Putting the search field in plain site and proving simple pull-down option menus for advanced searches greatly improve the experience.

12 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sandy Cramer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I 100% agree with this! PLEASE take a look at how many clicks it takes to get a page posted -- WAY TOO MANY. And I can't use ENTER to confirm a query. I have to constantly take my hands off the keyboard and use my mouse to click SUBMIT or OK or CONFIRM or whatever. Add more keyboard shortcuts for us page designers. I volunteer to be part of a group who helps suggest user interface changes. It's very difficult to teach a non-techie how to create a page when there are SO MANY steps and boxes to check and uncheck and visit and get to before you can finish a page properly.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SO SO SO SO TRUE! I would like to know this is something that developers know about!

• Peter Elsesser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1. PLEASE make the Site Manager respond to keypresses! I should be able to dismiss a modal popup with ESC, and I should be able to confirm an entry by hitting ENTER.

• Rhonda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why does it take so many clicks for posted information to show up?

Feedback and Knowledge Base