My suggestion is...

Create a combination of Minibase + Staff Directory apps

My district switched from Minibase to Staff Directory because the HTML/CSS/etc code used by the Staff Directory app displays the staff directory information in a much nicer manner, particularly for mobile devices. It is a nightmare to find and update the staff directories because it is broken down by department/office, meaning I have to modify SEVENTEEN pages. It took 2 hours to do what I could do in Minibase in about 10 minutes. I would like to propose a combination of the 2 apps. Combine Minibase's flexibility (although the default search method needs to be updated to "contains" instead of "starts with" to truly make it perfect) with the display code used by the "Staff Directory" app to make the staff directory information look nicer. This would allow directory information to be managed in one simple CSV file. Current Minibase CSV files could be easily modified to add a column for the staff image file information, etc. My district opted not to use Active Directory or whatever to automatically populate staff directory information because their database is missing some of the information (like the staff image file information). And the Staff Directory app seems to be missing the ability to filter who is displayed on a particular department page, etc.

6 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anthony Graham shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)