My suggestion is...

Table App

The Table App Needs attention and updating, as follows:
- A function for cells to span column and rows.
- Improved interface for editor
- Fix content deletion bug
- Resize capability for rows, columns, and table itself
- Color capability for table content and table itself, including cells, rows, and columns
- Link capability for content other than text
- Insert table tool inside of other apps

52 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with all of these suggestions The Table App is clunky and not very user friendly with its minimal editing options. I would also add allowing resizing of columns to the list, as the auto-resize feature doesn't always work properly, cutting words in the middle, creating “widow” letters on the next line.

• Nellie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I have many editors that are struggling with the table app and need more visual options.

There needs to be options to adjust the font size, color and style within a table cell. Not having these basic, minimum options are really incomprehensible.

I agree with all these ideas stated by the suggester except allowing the Table APP to be allowed to be embedded in other apps. I was removed to allow for prioritization in responsive web design so putting that back would be astep backwards in the product. I do agree though that if the table app is going to be split on its own it ought to better functionality and why is there not an edit source button. Editing table contents is clunky. While images can be entered in the Table App the wizard bypasses the ADA requirement to require ALT TXT. I have mentioned this in several venues but no change.

• Franka Maerz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! The new table app is so limited, it makes it impossible to customize the tables as we need to.

Feedback and Knowledge Base