My suggestion is...

New Calendar view is not useful

I have received negative feedback from 3 schools in regards to the appearance, or change in appearance, of the Calendar. In the current view the color coded categorization shows up in as a tight band to the left of the event, which is fine, however displaying the time truncates the title of the event and scanning through the calendar to find a sought out item on the calendar quite burdensome and tedious. Can the title be displayed first? Or as a second option each event display in two lines - the top line being the time and 2nd line be the event title?

13 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • AdminBlackboard CE Product Management (Admin, Blackboard) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello! First, thank you all for your feedback and patience. We are looking at ways to address feedback around the calendar changes.

For starters, we are considering:
    a) renaming "All Day" to "Today" where it is referenced.
    b) moving times on the month view to after the Event title (so that we can display more of the title... likely removing them from this view).
    c) allowing the clicking of individual events to go right to the detail view.

This sounds like it would begin to address some of the most common issues, but I would welcome any feedback around these changes or the calendar in general at rich.haynor@blackboard.com. Thank you!

Feedback and Knowledge Base