My suggestion is...

Lunch Menu App Needs Tweaking

I really like the new Lunch Menu App from an editor's point of view (very easy to use - I love that it keeps up with the date when you "save and add new" entries), but I don't think it's as visually useful as it could be for the website visitor.

As it is, the entries simply display in a long list similar to the way library apps list entries. Unfortunately, this leaves a LOT of empty space on the page and is therefore really inefficient in displaying info.

If the entries could instead display in a more calendar-like fashion where a single week's menus are all on the same row and the next week's menus are on the next row (etc), I think the page might be more user friendly and make better use of the page's available space. It will also make for shorter pages and less scrolling (at least it would for us since we post menus by the month).

If this layout were implemented, instead of past entries completely disappearing, perhaps they could just be grayed out so that the current week's row wouldn't have empty slots. Or perhaps there could be options the editor could set in order to control how many entries (past or upcoming) display.

Again, I really like how easy and intuitive the current app is when it comes to adding menu items, but it just needs a bit of tweaking to make it more useful to the end user.

7 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Lauren Hitchcock shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base