My suggestion is...

Big Glitch in Smore Integration - New Emails Saving Over Old Emails in Smore

While it is possible to copy, rename, and update Smore content within Blackboard - resulting in archived copies of each email/newsletter - on the Smore side each new issue is simply saved over the old one.

Thus, while I have several issues of my Smore e-newsletter within Blackboard, Smore treats them all as one issue, and the viewer stats are meaningless. Smore confirms that each time I copy an issue within Blackboard, edit, and publish - Smore's system simply treats it as an update of the original issue. A big problem as our visitor "counter" that Smore includes for readers now reflects an aggregate of all newsletter issues. Interaction with Smore's customer service confirms that "there's nothing they can do." It's true that I could work around this problem by recreating each issue entirely from scratch. However, this is very inefficient and time-consuming as my newsletter has a standard template/look.

I suggest that the tech people for each company put their heads together and develop a fix.

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Janet Spector Bishop shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sandy Cramer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree ... the "fix" we found was that we had to purchase a SMORE license in order to get unlimited number of newsletters. Otherwise yes, it would continuously overwrite them. :( More money invested ....

Feedback and Knowledge Base