My suggestion is...

Color palette needs accessible options

There are thirty choices for color in the text editor, and not one of them is green. I spend way too much time fixing insufficient contrasts on teacher pages to comply with ADA. Please give us a more practical palette for a white background.

8 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In creating ADA training for our staff members I checked all colors provided. The following colors are not accessible at any font size: Aqua, Medium Sea Green, Deep Sky Blue, Medium Aqua Marine, Gold, Dark Orange, Tomato, Orange, Silver, Yellow Green, Green Yellow, and Light Sea Green.

The following colors can only be used with Large or bigger font: Medium Orchid, Steel Blue, Slate Grey, Light Slate Grey, Orange Red, Medium Purple, Dark Cyan, and Dodger Blue.

Of the remaining colors, only Dark Slate Grey, Indigo, Black, Brown, Dark Slate Blue, and Midnight Blue are AAA compliant.

Overall, we have 11 out of 30 usable options to meet AA compliance, 7 of which also meet AAA compliance without going into the code to enter a custom color.

• Ashley Collingwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a color selector tool with an option for a specific hex code would be a great option. Like the person above, I spend a lot of time on this, often going into the code to get a color I want.

Feedback and Knowledge Base