My suggestion is...

Allow Headlines & Features to link to a PDF

When you click on the title of a story in the headlines and features app, allow it to open a pdf instead of the headline body page. It would be great if upon clicking on the title, it could directly open an event flyer or an agenda in a new window.

34 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ryan Webber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Transitioning from Edline, this is one of the few features I miss from their platform. I understand the accessibility and compliance issues, but there are many times that linking to a PDF would be useful. Being able to post a flyer with its original formatting and graphics or a form that should be printed and filled out both come to mind.

• Peter Elsesser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should really avoid using PDFs for simple things like news headlines. It's more accessible (and ADA compliant) for you to post native content in an actual web page, and your mobile users on limited data plans will thank you. PDFs should only be used for specialty content.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I asked about this today and support shared some redirect code with me which works but is so clunky and unprofessional. The features of schoolwires leave a lot to be desired.

• Shelly Maes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree wholeheartedly with this suggestion. We need to minimize the number of clicks for the end-user ...

Feedback and Knowledge Base