My suggestion is...

Add a "I'm A Parent/Member of the Community" Selection Box during the Registration Process

Hi!

Our school district is currently attempting to devise a method in which we can reach out to registered users that are parents/members of the community to spread/share updates, newsletters, press releases, Superintendent's Message, etc; however, we found that it was quite difficult to encompass all those recipients in one group without having to manually choose each parent individually in the "Broadcast E-Alert" message, which can obviously be a nightmare depending on how many parents/members of the community have registered. Currently, all registered users get dumped into a generic, "All Users" pool, which is obviously mixed with employees/staff.

We noticed, when composing a Broadcast E-Alert Message, that you can "Assign A Group" in the Recipients field. This would come in handy if all of our parents/members of the community had automatically been placed in a "Parents" group from the time they had registered.

I'm here to respectfully suggest that a radial button/checkbox be placed in the fields during Registration that denotes them being a "Parent/Member of the Community" and then automatically places that user in a "Parents" group (i.e. "I Am A Parent"). That way, when it comes time to send a mass message to all your registered users, especially if they are parents, we can simply choose the "Parents" Group under "Assign A Group" and take comfort in knowing that our target audience will be included.

Thank you for allowing me to share my ideas/suggestions with SchoolWires and the rest of the community!

Respectfully,
Warren Herrera

2 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Warren Herrera shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)