Web Community Manager (Websites)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Additional Search Fields and Filtering for the Staff Directory Obfuscation App

The new Staff Directory app with hidden emails is a big step forward over the open emails in the minibase but we need the ability to select additional fields to include in the search bar. For example, department or grade level would be helpful. In addition, we'd like to be able to filter on any of the colunmn headers to allow us to display subsets of the directory on specific pages much like we can with the minibase. An alternative would be to add obfuscation/ a web contact form for emails included in the minibase.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Staff directory should have option of displaying last name, first name

New staff automatically come in as first name last name. Would like to be able to set it so it can be displayed as last name, first name

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add Tags to Site Shortcuts and Announcement Apps

I's like to have the ability to add tags to additional list-style apps, specifically the Site Shortcuts and Announcements apps. This would allow for easier management and sharing of content from the district site to the appropriate school sites.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Content Accordion App

Please add the option to display a line between items in the Content Accordion App. If you have a lot of items, they tend to start running together, and a line separating them would be much clearer to the reader.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Document Viewer App - Move "Click Here" To Top of Page Where People Can See It

The Document viewer app often does not show up when you first open the page it is on. It often requires a refresh. But to add to this issue is that the note that says, "If you are having difficulty viewing this document....." is displayed about 2 screen lengths down the page, basically in a place where no one will see it. So a viewer coming to a page with a Document Viewer app on it will simply see a blank page and think that the page has not been populated.

My request is to please update the app by…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. App Name by Default is H1

When using the "Show the app name on my page" checkbox, the app name will appear as H1 by default. But sometimes I do not want it to be H1 because it is in the middle of the page. This is messing with accessibility, especially since there should only be 1 "H1" heading per page. There should be an added feature to let us identify which heading size we want to use. Otherwise, I am stuck adding a ton of heading apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Staff Directory Email Link

I feel like this should be a feature request for the entirety of the internet but it would be amazing if Blackboard could support it. We have families who try clicking on email links in the staff directory and then think they've sent an email but nothing ever comes through. My guess is that this is user error but always hard to say for sure. It would be great if clicking the email link would copy the email address rather than opening the email client.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Apps - need to keep updating them

Please assign more people to updating existing apps and developing new ones. WCM will get old if that's not done to keep up. Many of these apps need adjustments and tweaks to work better. I don't see much progress being made in this area.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. About Teacher App UL and OL

Currently there is no way to have an unordered or ordered list on the About Teacher app, but I keep running into situations where it is needed. Adding them would not detract from accessibility, so I don't know why they were stripped in the first place.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Staff Directory Sort

It would be great if we could arrange staff directory listings. I.e. I have a leadership staff directory that I'd like to sort by leader, i.e. Superintendent, Deputy Superintendent, etc.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. It would be really nice if all apps were accessible and responsive; this should be the standard..

All school websites should be both accessible and responsive, to ensure we're accommodating all the needs of our staff, families, students, and community members. While a handful of apps are described as responsive and accessible, far too many are not. Those that are not, should be revised and replaced with versions that ensure ADA compliance and allow access from a variety of devices and screen sizes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Basic Board Policy App

It would be helpful if there was a basic board policy app instead of having to purchase a custom app or build one from scratch with the minibase app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. App Level editing (Homepage level)

The ability to allow app level editing for "Headlines & Features" & "announcements" OR shared tags would be extremely instrumental to districts. This would allow a push up/push down w/ shared apps without allowing users unnecessary privileges to an entire homepage (especially @ the district level). This would also allow for more streamlined communications & overall site appearance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. show app name on page

PLEASE -- if we enter an APP NAME in the field, add a check box to show the app name on the page as well. Otherwise, I have to keep going into App Options to check this box. PLEASE ADD an toggle box to show app name on page or not. This would greatly help in the speed of creating pages!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Q & A App Should Allow for Unlimited Characters

Currently, the question portion of the Q&A app only allows for 100 characters. I would like to suggest that there be no character limit. Some questions can be longer than 100 characters.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sharing App - Original Locations

As originator/owner of app, I would like to have ability to move original app to a different location as needed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Lunch Menu App File Import

It would be helpful if we could use a csv file to populate the lunch menu app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hide app option when designing a page

When designing a web page, there are several apps you can use to accomplish a task but they all give you a different look. It would be great to add a hide/unhide (activate/deactivate) button to each app.
    This would allow you to temporary hide the content of an app and observe how the page would look when using another app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The accordion app should be included in the app package.

It is a very common feature included in other website software packages with other companies. It is not right to charge a custom app fee for something that is so commonly used.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Table App - Merging and Splitting Cells

It would be great to split and/or merge cells within the table app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base