Web Community Manager (Websites)

My suggestion is...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow form editor to specify where to insert option on drop-down

When modifying a form, please allow the editor to specify where they want the new insert option to be located, or at least let us move them around easily. Example problem: Our students submit transcript requests online through a form. We have two drop-downs they can select from, to pick either their year of graduation (descending to 1960) or last year of attendance. Every year I have to go through 50+ drop-down items and update them individually since my insert only inserts at the bottom and I can't sort them the way I want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Forms & Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't make the "End Date" required for a Form/Survey

Currently, "End Date" is a required field, but most contact forms are not temporary. It is an extra step for users to change when creating a form.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Automatically put a form respondent's email address in the "reply-to" field when sending a response to the form recipient(s).

When a form is completed and the recipient of the form receives an email, the "from" field is the email address of the form admin. We would like for the "from" or "reply-to" field to be populated with the email address of the person(s) who completed the form.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Completed survey response delivered in any other format?

Can the completed response come in any other format? Having the IP # and other information on the top of the form causes it to run into 2 pages when printing. Could the response be delivered as a pdf formatted to fit on one page?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Unique auto-generated ID number on a form or survey?

Is there a way to put an unique auto-generated ID number on a form? For instance, we have a facilities use form under our Support services / Facilities section. Our secretary asked if there is anyway for us to have an ID associated with each request for her to use as a historical reference. Is this possible?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Forms & Surveys to not be set pixel width.

So that you can embed a form without it being the full width of the webpage, making them responsive to the site width.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Forms & Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Small Format Forms/Surveys

We need the ability to adapt forms and surveys for use on mobile devices. Right now they are TOO BIG and an end user must scroll left to right to see them. It would be great if these were adaptable to the viewing platform.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Forms & Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The forms & surveys module does not currently have a “Poll” type option.

It would be great if we could post a poll on our site and have visitors click "submit" and view poll results so far as a chart of some sort. Several of our classes, clubs, teams, etc. would love to have this ability.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Forms item Library - add option to sort after adding new entries

OHM BOCES requests the following: Provide means for Site Directors to add new items at the end of an existing Forms/Surveys Library Item List, such as a common pulldown menu, and then have the option to resort the list after a new item has been added. Today, if I want to add a new item to an existing Forms Library Item and have the list appear in alphabetical order, I have to manually copy and move down each item to place the new item in the correct alphabetical order. That is very time consuming and prone to error.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Open Ended Number question type - Increase the default value character allowance

Please increase the character allowance for the default value field in the open ended-number question type. Currently there is not a question type that forces people to enter a valid phone number (including area code). It would be helpful to be able to enter a default value but that field only allows 8 characters so it can't be used to enter a default phone number format. A work around is to change the question type to open ended one line, because the default value field is larger, but then you can't prevent people from entering letters.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to modify Form and Survey after go live

Currently you are able to modify a question in a live form and survey but you are not able to modify an answer. I would like the ability to modify both questions and answers in a live survey. Seeing how there is no spell check in forms and survey's this would allow me to fix spelling errors in the answers after the survey has gone live.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create a means for a Site Editor to easily identify what forms were created for the site. Currently, I have to drill down each Channel, Se

Create an export of all the Survey/Forms created on the entire site. Currently, a Site Director has to drill down to each Channel and each Section and go into the Tools to find the Forms for that Section. And, even then, the Survey-Id is not visible until I view the form and look a the url. Fields for export should include Survey-id, survey-title, channel, section, Form Url, Status (Active vs. Inactive), Send Response to, Form Admin email, Access type. We need an inventory of all our forms. Sometimes a form 'send response to' value would need to be changed and…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Signup Forms

My school likes to use www.SignUpGenius.com to create bake sale signup sheets and other signup type forms. It allows them to set the number of people that can signup to bring each item and then locks it once that limit is met. While it's a nice tool, I really want them to stay on our site. Is there a way we can do this in centricity?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Forms & Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I would like to direct form entries/responses to a specific e-mail based on how a question is answered.

I would like to direct form entries/responses to a specific e-mail based on how a question is answered. For example, we do online instrument lesson registration. Currently, all music teachers get all responses. It would be nice for teachers to get the responses associated with the responses just for their instrument(s).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create folder organization for Forms & Surveys

We are starting to generate very long lists of surveys in some sections and it can be difficult/time consuming to filter through all of these. Please create the ability to put surveys in folders so that they can be more easily located. If you wanted to get fancy, having the option to put permissions on a folder (so the surveys within would only be visible to certain users) would be great as well. This request comes from using surveys at the BoE level.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow users to upload a file when completing a survey

As a way to promote schools to submit their stories/events to the district website, I have created a survey asking for all the pertinent information. The only (and major) downside is that I am not able to ask them to attach/upload an image or file for our headline rotator. If we had this functionality, the process would be seamless and conducted in one area, as opposed to asking the user to take one extra step and email the file to me. Please include a file attachment question as one of the options in the Forms & Surveys tool.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Forms & Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. More control over forms and surveys

Please give us more control over the form style, including not displaying the form title, and tightening up the gap between header, form, and buttons.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show graph only on survey results

When posting a survey having the option to show the results graphically only, without all the extra text and options (i.e. Respodents, status, etc.) posted, would give a cleaner look to the survey. This additional information should still be available to the creator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base