Web Community Manager (Websites)

My suggestion is...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Access to more Current User's Fields

We like to use the User Code to store the Users Employee ID. We have always wanted to display this information to the user on many different pages but found in the "Toolbox/Active Block" section you are pretty limited in which fields you can use to display back to the user.

It would be nice to be able to display the Current User's User Code or their full address instead of just the zip code.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please set up a way to mark self-registered users.

Self-registered users should be marked so that upon export I can easily separate self-registered users from district created users. Without this feature it will be difficult to manage a constantly growing number of users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Report suggestion

It would be great if the "Editors by Site" report included e-mail addresses or identification of LDAP accounts.

Explanation: All our faculty use LDAP accounts. Parents/students do not. We've had incidences where sub-site directors accidentally assigned editing privileges to parents/students. This report modification would allow me to double-check this periodically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Assist Help Desk

I want to be able to unlock an account and generate an email passcode at the same time. Currently, the program is set up to first edit and unlock the account. Then you have to search for the user again to generate the passcode. This should be a single step.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Passport assignment

Only allow Site Directors to assign a passport above the level of Registered User, and make anyone who registers with a web site automatically be a "Registered User", rather than "Unassigned".
    Subsite Directors have to be able to manage users, which currently means they are able to assign passports.

I have had a couple of Subsite Directors accidentally assign a new user the Site Director passport. Not cool. It also means they could make themselves a Site Director, and then lock me out. Also not cool.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add a display name field for user accounts that can be displayed for blog commenting

At times districts do not want to allow students to change their name and email addresses when posting to a blog. This is mainly because students could lie about who they are or pretend they are another student. It would be nice for user accounts to have a Display Name field where a nickname or students initials can be entered and that would be the name that appears when they post to a blog instead of their full name. Most districts have confidentiality laws to follow to protect student identity and can not post a students full name. Allowing students…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Tie users to students at registration

My users haven't gotten the hang of channel registration yet, therefore I have a plethora of users who do not get targeted alerts. I have no way to target them, as they are in NO WAY tied to students. Add a place during registration for "My Students" "My Campuses" "Parent/Student/Faculty/Other"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Report Feature for Site Directors

It would be nice if the Site Directors had access to various reports that would help maintain the site users and sections.
    1- User report stating people who have never logged in. Or it has been over a year since their last login.
    2- New Sections Added - This would be very helpful because we have Calendar Collections set up for each campus so that the campus webmaster can push events to all teacher calendars. However, the Site Directors are the only people who have access to add people to the Calendar Collections. So, new sections get added and we…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Identifying roles

When using the Register link on the My Start bar, users fail to specify whether they are a parent, student, etc. in the "Title" field. Sometimes I have seen "Mr." or something like that. Also, that field is not required. It should be, and I would like to see "Title" changed to something more intuitive or have a description added. I have had to disable that feature on our site and create a form as a substitute, in addition to creating a page with instructions on how to fill it out. Most inconvenient as then I have to manually add…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow for sending emails and "rolling back" accounts with the "Update Users" function.

In C1, we were able to update accounts and send out emails to those updated accounts by importing a .csv file. We could also take advantage of the "rollback" function to essentially "import/update" accounts that we want to delete and the roll them back so it removed them from the list of users.

In C2, it would be nice if the "Update Users" function would allow you to "Send Emails" or "Roll Back" imports to accomplish this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. filter

Please provide the ability to hit enter when submitting information into a search field. For example, when filtering for users, we type in our search criteria but cannot initiate the search without having to reach for the mouse and click the filter button. Hitting the enter key is much more efficient.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Notify administrator if user deletes account.

Currently, we are unaware if a user deletes their account, and we should be alerted whenever that happens. An email notification to the 'Users & Groups' contact email would be a great enhancement,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow us to toggle off the "Contact" tab

Can we eliminate the "Contact" tab in the Edit Account Settings under "My Account" when users login? If not, we will need to add some text that indicates that any changes made on that screen will not be communicated to the school. We keep all contact information with the Registrar, and that database is not tied to our website.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Easier way to delete users

At the beginning of each school year I import the students for each of our programs. By the next year, some graduate, some return in a different program (which would change their role), some do not return. I know that I can undo the import, but I would find it much easier (and less scary) if in the Users pager, there was a checkbox next to each user where I could check more than one user at a time, then click Remove. (kind of like in my email - I can click a checkbox and delete, move, etc). It is…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Increased User Management and Monitoring

In addition to receiving locked out notifications, I think overall user account management would benefit from more monitoring. It would be nice to see "active users" (people currently logged in) and the amount of time Section Editors spend working on their sites. This could get labor-intensive, but having an area where we can see page edits and additions would be nice too so we can gauge how often sections are being updated.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. User password reset after first log-in.

We would like to be able to assign a generic password to new users, and then have the system require them to change it when they log-in for the first time.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow multiple e-mail addresses within a single user profile

Many of our registered users have multiple accounts because they want to receive e-mail notifications at more than one e-mail address. Most have a home and a business e-mail address. Some have more than 2. It would be useful to allow users to enter a primary and at least one alternate e-mail address. You could allow them to specify if they want e-Alerts sent to all addresses or just the primary address.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. More Granular Permissions for Subsite Directors

We have found in many cases that subsite director privileges provide too much power and we as site directors do not have the option of scaling back those permissions. For example, while we like the fact that subsite directors can see and have permission to modify content in any section within their subsite, we would prefer that they did not have the ability to rename, move, create, or delete sections or channels. It is difficult to maintain a semblance of consistency between subsites when subsite directors are left to their own devices and move a section to one channel where…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Assigning Roles During Site Manager-based User Creation

When a new account is made by a site manager, it should be possible to then be able to assign roles immediately after the creation of the account. Currently, creating a new account brings the site workspace back to the "User Profiles" page, forcing the site manager to then search for the new account, click on the "Edit" button, click on the "Edit Roles" button, and then assign roles.

Since assigning roles is the next natural and logical step in an account-creation process, it would be better to navigate to the role assignment page immediately following the creation of the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mass remove users who have self registered

The ability to mass remove users who have self registered using the registration button

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base