Web Community Manager (Websites)

My suggestion is...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Digest of e-Alerts

It would be nice to get a digest of e-alerts or know when e-alerts are sent in some sort of database. So often parents don't get e-alerts (often due to spam filters or invalid email addresses) but know that it was sent because of friends. I don't know from where the alert was sent, but it'd be helpful to track those down.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  E-Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Manually change Sender of E-alert emails (if not being sent by Section Contact)

This is a continuation of another idea, but since I can't leave comments on any others (comment seems like it should post but never appears on refresh)... It should be an option for the sender of an E-alert to enter his/her name and email address. We have some staff members who share sections so using one set of contact info does not always work. It would be helpful if there was a checkbox to "unlock" the sender info when the E-alert message appears.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Simplify E-Alert Subscriptions

The revised method for subscribing to content seems much less user friendly. I've revised the instructions I send to parents/students. However, I'm hoping you will add an easier method for doing this. Perhaps a screen that has a site-wide search box (like the previous version) AND a navigational tree beneath it?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  E-Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Subscribe to narrower content area

Currently, a user can only subscribe to a section. Our users want to be able to subscribe to apps. Instead of using RSS (no one uses an aggregator here), they want to receive an email, or better yet a text message, when a new announcement, article, assignment or blog posting is added to a specific app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Scheduling E-Alerts

For example, when creating an assignment I can send out an E-Alert saying that it is created but I would like to be able to schedule a second E-Alert at this time sending another E-Alert out the day before the assignment is due. Of course, I could go back into the assignment and click "Send E-Alert" again the day before the due date but that gets kind of tedious as you increase the number of classes and assignments.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Have an option for Automatic E-alerts

Several users have requested an option to generate automatic e-alerts when content is changed on the site. This could be for homepage, calendar, sections - just an option that would make them automatic or manual per area.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base