Web Community Manager (Websites)

My suggestion is...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change the wording in blog app

The blog app currently displays postings grammatically incorrect. "Posted by Aaron Patterson, Director of Athletics at 12/16/2016" instead of "Posted by Aaron Patterson, Director of Athletics on 12/16/2016". This is also incorrect when the time is included. Please fix! We want the product to look as professional as possible!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Change "Blog Title" to "Posting Title" when creating a new post.

The semantics of this are confusing as it stands. I coach teachers to understand that one blog has many posts (or, as you say, postings). This muddies the water quite a bit.

2 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Use initial instead of full last name in Discussion App comments

When allowing comments within Blog and Discussion apps, it would be very helpful to only show the commenter's last name initial rather than the full last name. We're about to pilot using the discussion app within the school and community and we have the potential for students to be commenting and would prefer to not have their
        full last name publicly displayed. Many other blog and review sites usually only have a person's initial in place of their last name. Please fix this one!

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Can you fix the Embedding options for Blog posts back to "Flex Editor" features?

When I embed a Tweet from my feed, it only shows up as a series of links, instead of the Twitter window. My school district uses the Schoolwires corporation to host our teacher Web pages. An example of one of my posts with the imperfect Twitter embed code is located here: http://www.svsd.net/site/Default.aspx?PageType=3&DomainID=361&PageID=2007&ViewID=dedccd34-7c24-4af2-812a-33c0075398bc&FlexDataID=30923

Actual example code:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Releasing a Monarch today! <a href="https://twitter.com/Seneca_Valley">@Seneca_Valley</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/ECE_Room_48">@ECE_Room_48</a> <a href="https://t.co/vir5eJ2bKc">https://t.co/vir5eJ2bKc</a></p>&mdash; Mr. Fogle (@fogleem) <a href="https://twitter.com/fogleem/status/643503288655216640">September 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

The exact same embed code works great in the <HTML> editor on Flex Pages, but not…

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Automatic Blog Post Review Notification

Include a feature that allows for students to be automatically notified via email when their post has been approved or denied on the blogging page. It would be nice for students to receive a message of whether or not their post has been approved or denied, instead of the teacher having to approve or deny the post and then create a separate email to that student if their post has been denied. As a teacher, it would be so much more convenient if I could read their post, approve or deny the post, and then if the post is denied,…

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• for the blog adding feature, I wish users to be able to add to it that are logged in and not have to be approved by a content moderator.

right now when a user add a blog entry, I have to approve the idea then it posts. If I have a user that is already logged in to schoolwires, like a staff users, I would like them to able to automatically add it without using the site manager. Or at least I would like an email when someone adds a blog entry so I know to go looking for it to approve it.

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Ability to create a link to a specific blog posting (permalink)

Give us the ability to link to a specific blog posting instead of the page, this will save viewers from having to hunt for the correct posting.

6 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Create a Blog Report that shows the number of comments by user

We have teachers that have asked for the ability to run a blog report that would display the details of comments made. This would be available at the section level. The report would show the name of each person who commented on the blog, how many initial posts they made to the blog, and how many reply posts (threaded comments) the user made.

3 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Display threaded blog comments as threaded comments in site manager

It would be nice to see blog comments displayed in site manager just as they are on the website. If there are threaded comments they would display as threaded when viewing them (approving or disapproving) from Site Manager.

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Disable Blog Entries

When a blog is disabled to disallow additional entries - the blogs that were posted are no longer visible to the end user. This was not the case in C1. I want to be able to have a cut off date for the blog entry but still see the responses until I inactivate the section.

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow teachers to 'mass' delete Blog responses from students.

I use the same academic questions each year for my elementary students to respond to. I would like to 'mass' delete the responses at the end of the year (I get over 700 responses each year), but I want the Blog pages to remain so that I don't have to recreate my questions/pages. This year we had to have the Blog deletions done by Centricity, but I would like to have the ability to manage my responses on my own. It would be too time consuming for me to recreate all my Blogs each year.

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow active dates for blog posts

Many teachers have asked if they could set upcoming dates for blog posts to become active. They would like to be able to plan out their posts a week at a time, and it seems odd that you can set active dates for files, links, articles but not blog posts. They have referenced free sites like Blogger that offer that functionality.

2 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Sort Blog Postings

Provide a 'sort button' to sort blog postings on a single blog page.

2 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Ability to disable email option in Blog tool

When administrators are blogging, they can't handle the surge of emails that tend to come in with every new blog and would prefer the option to turn off the automatic email everytime someone comments on their blog. Using a phony email causes other issues - on the end user side. Creating a generic email for blogs is a waste of money and time. This would be a great option.

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base